Human Resources Generalist
1 day left
- Designations Required/Preferred
About the Company
Global Mentoring Solutions (GMS) delivers outsourced service desk support through reseller channel partners. For more than 20 years, our goal has been to help companies achieve the highest level of customer service to ensure continued business success. GMS is 100% a remote company with its head office located in Markham, Ontario.
About the Opportunity
This is a permanent part-time HR Generalist position, 20-24 hours per week reporting to the COO. You will work in a virtual environment from home.
The successful candidate is expected to be self-motivated (with a very supportive team!) and work autonomously, while aligning with overall business goals and objectives. Effective communication and the ability to collaborate with all team members across provinces & country borders is essential.
Does this Sound Like You?
- You thrive on working in a fast-paced environment with a high degree of change.
- You effortlessly demonstrate creativity and agility and the ability to work efficiently under pressure.
- You easily make the needed connections between systems, processes, and individuals to facilitate change and enrich company culture.
- You embrace and embody continuous improvement by proposing new and/or better ways of doing things.
- You believe in building strong relationships based on trust and integrity and strive to do so.
- You are passionate about people!
- Handle all administrative tasks for on-boarding, new hire orientation, and exit interviews, including entering data into HR information systems and auditing for accuracy and compliance
- Promote HR programs to create an efficient and conflict-free workplace
- Ensure legal compliance of HR provincial and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and develop, update and implement policies as required
- Participate in development of HR objectives and systems, including metrics, queries, and standard reports for ongoing company requirements
- Assist in administering benefits, compensation, and employee performance management programs. Experience with ADP is a definite asset.
- Serve as a key contact for employee inquiries concerning policies, procedures, benefits, and employee programs.
- Provide an effective and dedicated HR advisory service to employees & managers in relation to absence and health issues, conduct and capability, and all other employee-relations matters.
- Investigates complaints brought forward by employees
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and information; maintains HR knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
- Assists with the company-wide communications involving wellness, training, health and safety, culture and engagement
- Provides regular reports to your immediate manager and the Senior Leadership Team on people progress challenges and opportunities
- Project a positive image to customers both internal and external, as a representative of Global Mentoring
- 2-4 years HR generalist experience preferably in a Technology or Customer Support organization.
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources or related field
- Deep understanding of all provincial Employment Standards and Labour laws
- Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices
- Superb computer literacy MS Office, strong presentation skills and familiarity with a variety of HR software
- Strong conflict management, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Meticulous attention to detail with strong administrative skills
- A clear and succinct English language communicator (verbal and written). French is a definite asset
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues to share responsibilities and identify new opportunities for process improvement
- A skilled multitasker who works well under limited supervision in a fast-paced virtual office environment
GMS is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all interested parties. GMS is able to offer accommodations to potential candidates and new employees during the recruitment and selection process and encourages individuals who may require accommodations to contact Human Resources.
Thank you for your interest. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for next steps.