Human Resources Generalist
We are a fully integrated multi-trade contractor and one-stop source for all building electrical, mechanical and construction needs. 70% of our company is under the age of 35, so our culture is high energy, hunger, and collaboration. We have team sports and are building or raising young families, so that's intertwined into who we are.
If you accept a career with MeadowBrook, you accept a future, a family, and being continuously pushed to better yourself. You’ll work with a great group of people, learn from experts, and get opportunities for advancement. Our employees support each other, care about our customers, and take pride in their work.
Do you want to join a company where you are encouraged to set goals and own your processes? Do you find comfort in surrounding yourself with like-minded individuals who all work together to achieve a common goal? Do you love independently taking projects from start to finish and finding the best solutions to all HR and office related needs?
Did you answer yes to these questions? Great – we need people like you!
We are looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our growing team of 55 employees. We are seeking an individual who will be responsible for overall human resources and office administration / management of the company. You will understand that this truly is a front-line, point of contact position that has a variety of tasks to balance. It is very rare to have down time in this fast-paced role, thus organization and the ability to prioritize are of the utmost importance.
This vital role reports directly into the President.
- Coordinating the recruitment of personnel from external hiring (i.e. advertising, screening, testing, reference checking, selection, etc.) to internal transfers (i.e. posting, screening, etc.)
- Establishing, implementing and maintaining the onboarding processes
- Developing tools, techniques and policies pertaining to orientation, training, evaluations, and corrective actions
- Improving employee relations (e.g. promoting regular communication, special events, benefit administration, dispute resolution, etc.)
- Overseeing and administratively managing health & safety initiatives (training, JHSC, WPI, WSIB, ESRTW, accident investigation and prevention, etc.)
- Maintain the scheduled training of health & safety, environmental, and wellness topics
- Developing policies and procedures (employee handbook, attendance policy, legislative compliance)
- Maintain spreadsheet summarizing approved vacations for each year
- Prepare and cast communications relating to special events, new hires, company expectations, weekly on call schedule, etc.
- Assist in maintaining legal compliance with new and existing legislation (eg AODA, OHRC, ESA, OHSA, WSIB, etc.)
- First point of contact for anything team members need in the office
- Audit and order office supplies, PPE, and uniforms - tracking costs against consumption
- Implement and communicate procedural improvements
- Oversight of office-standard vendors such as coffee/snacks, office supplies, confidential shredding, first aid, etc.
- Ensure all office phones, laminators, and printers are functioning and work with IT as necessary
- Ensure the office including bathrooms, kitchen, and shared spaces are maintained and presentable on a daily basis, and any meeting room scheduling conflicts are resolved
- Schedule, order, and decorate venues, catering, monthly office lunches, team events, etc.
- Create purchase orders, submit invoices, and track current spend for a variety of vendor services
- Establish process and manage company vehicle fleet and construction equipment including 407 transponders, insurance, stickers, maintenance scheduling and overall appearance
- Ensure MeadowBrook is compliant with our accreditation companies
- Provide end-of-month spend accruals
- Assist/generate monthly reporting related to HR and office management activities
- Be a brand ambassador with excellent customer service mind-set/positive attitude
- Bachelor’s degree in required, with management, business, or human resources education as an asset
- 5 - 8 years of experience as a human resources experience
- Minimum 5 years of recruitment experience
- Able to read and write articulately in English
- Strong attention to detail, does not let important details slip through the cracks with the ability to manage high volumes of work with shifting priorities
- A team player with leadership abilities
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
Skills to be Successful:
- Strong understanding of branding and customer service excellence
- Willingness and ability to adapt to rapid business and organizational changes that accompany a high-growth environment
- Ability to take on new tasks and learn new technology quickly
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage time, work independently, take initiative and champion projects through to completion
- Exceptional rapport building with co-workers and ownership
- Logical reasoning and problem solving to help in managing ambiguity from ownership assigned tasks
Interested applicants are asked to apply as soon as possible as we are currently reviewing and screening resumes, with a deadline of Monday, January 11th, 2021. We thank all applicants for their time and interest, however due to volume; only applicants selected for next steps will be contacted.
A condition of employment for this role is a recent (within the last year), and satisfactory Criminal Background for an offer to be extended unconditionally.
MeadowBrook is committed to nurturing a positive, professional and equal opportunity workforce. In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, we are equipped to accommodate individual needs identified to us throughout our hiring process.