Human Resources Manager
The Manager, Human Resources plays a key role in supporting the CR Plastics team in creating and building a high performance culture where associate engagement is a top priority. This integral business partner will lead and/ or assist in the development of the Human Resources strategies and programs that will help CRP become an ‘Employer of Choice’ within our market.
The key accountabilities of this role are as follows;
Policy Development and Administration, Compensation Program Administration (payroll and benefits) Recruitment and Selection, Training and Development, Performance Management and Associate Relations.
· Support the CRP leadership team and up to 200 full-time, seasonal and temporary associates in Canada.
· Act as a coach/ mentor to the Human Resource and CRP leadership team
· Assist in the development and implementation of all HR-related programs, policies and procedures under the general supervision of the Vice-President, Human Resources.
· Help ensure that all company policies, procedures and programs are documented, communicated and administered in a professional, consistent and timely manner
· Provides guidance and training to the leadership team regarding HR policies and keeps abreast of labor law relating to all aspects of HR.
· Work closely with the Operations team to develop and execute a flexible and scalable contingent labour plan that supports the peaks and valleys of the business
· Oversee the recruitment and selection of talent while ensuring that all successful candidates possess the required work experience, competencies and skills.
· Design, develop and implement effective training programs that help our associates meet/ exceed their respective performance targets and to reach their full potential.
· Work closely with the leadership team, the Health & Safety Manager and the associates to create a clean and safe work environment and minimizing work-related accidents and injuries
· Lead and support the development and execution of the overall performance management process including establishing annual performance plans, setting SMART objectives, conducting performance reviews, identifying personal development goals, overseeing proposed changes to compensation etc.
· Manage the overall employee relations and communications process. This includes the preparation and review of organizational announcements, the planning and scheduling of all ‘Associate Update Meetings’ and the coordination of special events.
Manage and coordinate the annual ‘Associate Engagement Survey’ process along with follow-up action plans
· A degree in Human Resources Management and a minimum of 10 years of Human Resources Management experience.
· Previous experience in the manufacturing sector
· A minimum of 10 years of experience with employee relations, regulatory and policy/procedure compliance
· In-depth knowledge of all federal and provincial employment and safety laws/ regulations
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in English while possessing strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
· Ability to maintain confidential information
· Ability to balance and prioritize competing priorities
· Intermediate computer based skills – proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
· Ability to be flexible and willing to work extended hours including weekends as necessary