Human Resources Manager
Propane Levac is a growing family-owned business with over 25 years of loyal and personalized customer services. We share values and dedication in all we do. Supporting our continued growth and development, we are now looking for a dynamic and hands-on Human Resources Manager to join the team.
This new role will design, implement, and lead the Company’s human resources activities to support our growth and maximize return on investment.
- Develop organizational strategies by identifying and researching human resources issues; contributing information, analysis, recommendations and direction; ultimately establishing human resources objectives in line with organizational objectives.
- Provide leadership to employees, managers and leaders on all aspect of the Human Resource function.
- Provide guidance and recommendations for all human resource programs. E.g. Benefits, compensation plans and employee engagement initiatives.
- Develop human resources by forecasting requirements, trends, developing action plans; measuring and analyzing results and identifying actions required.
Human Resource Planning, Recruitment, and Selection
- Identify organizational needs and work with Managers to determine and utilize effective recruitment channels.
- Develop, introduce and lead the introduction of an effective, organization-wide recruitment and selection process, to include screening of applications, behaviorally based interviews and post-interview analysis.
- Create and manage the employment offer process in line with legislation and best practice.
Onboarding and Development
- Create and deliver a model employee onboarding program, ensuring an effective introduction, orientation and retention of new employees.
- Develop training needs analysis and source cost effective training solutions.
- Develop, introduce and champion an organization-wide performance management system.
- Work with Managers to develop a positive discipline system, coaching and developing managers and employees.
- Provide leadership and solutions in matters of conflict resolution.
- Actively participate in exit interviews to ensure employees feedback is considered to support organizational learning and retention.
- Develop and manage an employee recognition and reward program.
Human Resources Administration
- Establish Company’s compensation strategy, using benchmarking tools and establishing fair and equitable total compensation strategies.
- Manage the employee benefit portfolio, including cost review and analysis, leading the renewal process and transition, when required.
- Create and maintain confidential employee files.
- Ensure legal compliance in all activities, while constantly striving for best practice.
Employee Communication and Information
- Maintain the Company's organizational chart.
- Create and maintain living job descriptions.
- Create and manage an employee handbook.
- Develop and maintain Company policies.
- Create and publish a quarterly Company communication newsletter and other communication tools.
- Manage the employee intranet sites, ensuring the sites are maintained for accuracy, relevant information and are exciting communication tools.
- Lead initiatives and projects considered as adding value to employee recruitment, onboarding, development, retention and compensation.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required to be Successful:
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate fluently in both official languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management.
- 5+ years in a Generalist HR function.
- Must hold a CHRP designation.
- Previous, proven experience working successfully across multiple levels within a complex organisation.
- Previous, proven experience leading, designing, implementing, and managing human resource planning, recruiting, and selection, employee development, and human resources administration.
- Previous experience identifying training needs, designing and delivering effective training programs.
- Proven skills in mentoring managers in all aspects of human resource functions.
- Must be a self-starter and pro-active.
- Superior communicator.
- Effective time-management skills.
- A high-integrity leader.
- This role requires occasional travel to the Divisional Offices.