HR Manager - p/t position
As the Human Resources Manager you will be independently leading the Human Resources function, including; on/off-boarding, employee relations, benefits administration, compliance, health & safety, performance management and all HR programs.
This is a part-time (3 days a week) position that reports to the Partners. The office is in downtown Toronto, easily accessible via public transit and is an in-office role.
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources Management
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- 3-5 years of progressive Human Resources Generalist experience, preferably within an Architectural, Consulting or professional services organization
- Strong working knowledge of Ontario employment legislation and requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact and build relationships proactively with employees at all levels
- Comfortable working in a stand-alone position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- CHRP/CHRL designation or in progress preferred
- Act as primary point of HR contact to all managers and employees in the areas of employee relations, change management, performance management, employee engagement and best practices
- Provide advice on various human resources matters, company policies and employment legislation
- Support Department Manager with Recruitment
- Manage employee records and ensure compliance
- Manage the annual performance review process with Department Heads and Partners
- Develop and update company employment polices
- Assist the leadership team in developing employee engagement initiatives, workshops and trainings, and retention strategies
- Manage off-boarding – voluntary and involuntary terminations of employment
- Lead all Health and Safety initiatives and manage policy updates and creation in keeping with provincial legislative requirements including Workers Compensation claims management and accommodations
Upon request, Core Architects will provide reasonable accommodation for persons with disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Only candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.