Human Resources Advisor
Our company is seeking a self-motivated, dynamic and enthusiastic individual to fill the position of Human Resources Advisor.
If you are ready for a new challenge, then we’d like to hear from you.
The incumbent will coordinate all human resources activities and will be working closely with the management team and plant workers in Ontario and one location in Alberta.
This role requires excellent capabilities as HR Generalist, and an ability to juggle with multiple stakeholders and requests on a regular basis.
More specifically, this position involves the following responsibilities:
- Assist managers in solving problems and implementing local HR management policies and procedures, particularly in terms of collective agreements and labour law interpretation, disciplinary measures, change management, performance and compensation management, recruitment, hiring, training and mobilization.
- Assist managers with disciplinary matters and on conducting investigations into various human resources issues, including, but not limited to internal fraud, harassment and complaints.
- Act as a resource person for employees on HR related issues.
- Ensure that all HR files and records are maintained according to legal requirements and provisions, and applicable company policies and procedures.
- Ensure fair and consistent treatment of all employees in compliance with all federal and provincial laws.
- Work closely with expert resources and the Health & Safety Committee to support managers in carrying out their OSH record-keeping requirements.
- Manage internal communications including, but not limited to letters to employees, disciplinary action, hiring letters, presentations to employees, as well as manage a variety of human resources matters.
- Assists in the development and delivery of company-wide communications for corporate programs.
- Coordinate employee engagement programs such as team-building days, charity events and wellness activities and/or topics.
- Participate and conduct training sessions, workshops, presentations and seminars on specific Human Resources subjects, i.e. compliance, benefits, violence & harassment, drugs & alcohol.
- Perform data consolidation including collecting, updating, validating data on a regular basis, as well as creating and preparing weekly and monthly reports and collaborate in the analysis of information.
- Manage and perform daily HR transactions at all levels from administrative tasks through project completion and any other tasks as required from time to time by management.
- Manage benefits, disability and work-related injuries.
- Manage the accuracy of payroll processing through effective use of the time and attendance system and exporting the hours and payroll related information to the Payroll Administrator including but not limited to vacation and sick day tracking and reporting.
- Manage HR programs and other program such as safety shoes, glasses, uniform etc.
Work experience and qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Relations, Human Resources Management or any other related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in a similar position in a unionized and non-unionized workplace.
- Experience in a complex multi-company environment. Must have experience working in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Strong knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong experience in creating reports using Excel.
- Strong writing skills.
- Knowledge of HRIS & Time and Attendance systems such as Ceridian Dayforce.
- Accuracy and attention to details.
- Strong listening skills and ability to communicate tactfully.
- Able to build relationships of trust, to influence and to communicate with stakeholders at different levels.
- Demonstrate judgment, initiative, autonomy and discretion.
- Ability to manage own time professionally.
- Must have a well-developed capacity to adapt and ability to manage priorities and multiple projects simultaneously in a fast and dynamic environment.
- Ability to advise, coach and support partners and identify effective initiatives.
- Able to lead meetings.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Know how to decode the political environment within the workplace.
- Ability to build, foster and maintain constructive professional relationships
- We offer a stimulating environment with a competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package.
Permanent, full-time position
Start date: as soon as possible
Work location: Brampton is the primary place of employment.
Must have a car and be available to travel between locations on a regular basis. The incumbent is also the contact person for another plant in Drumheller, Alberta, therefore must be able to travel from time to time.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The use of the masculine gender includes the feminine and has been employed for the sole purpose of simplifying the text.
About the company
Established in 1991, Inteplast Group is the largest integrated plastics manufacturer in North America. From healthcare, to food services to automotive, and many others, we service diverse markets with a broad offering of quality products. Headquartered in Livingston, NJ, we are a close-knit community with over 7,000 employees across more than 50 facilities.