Senior Manager, Labour Relations - Human Resources
Full-time position with benefits and pension plan.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
It is the National Arts Centre’s goal to be an inclusive organization that engages and welcomes all Canadians. We believe that the basis of this inclusivity requires a socially and culturally diverse workforce and therefore actively seek to recruit candidates who are Indigenous, Black, Persons of Colour (IBPoC), persons from the LGBTQ2+ community, persons with disabilities and women. We encourage you to self-identify in the recruitment process.
This position has the ability and may be required to work remotely. The National Arts Centre (NAC) will provide the incumbent with equipment required to perform their duties from home.
Canada is our stage.
The National Arts Centre is Canada’s bilingual, multi-disciplinary home for the performing arts.
The NAC presents, creates, produces, and co-produces performing arts programming in various streams—the NAC Orchestra, Dance, English Theatre, French Theatre, Indigenous Theatre, and Popular Music and Variety—and nurtures the next generation of audiences and artists from across Canada. The NAC’s vision is to lead and support the renewal of the Canadian performing arts sector over the next three years, with The Next Act, it’s 2020-2023 strategic plan. Through collaboration and investment in creation, production, co-production, and dissemination, along with a heightened focus on community engagement, learning, and innovation, the NAC will shape a more diverse, equitable, and inclusive future for the performing arts in Canada.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Human Resources, you are responsible for engaging in healthy and productive relations with union representatives and client departments. This includes regularly interpreting and applying the terms of the various collective agreements; conducting investigations, grievance handling, preparing for, and participating in, arbitration as well as leading or participating in bargaining sessions. You will provide strategic HR advice to members of management, oversee the recruitment process for client groups and administer the annual performance management process. Finally, and most importantly, you will bring good humour, compassion, alternative thinking and creative problem solving.
- Passion for the arts!
- A university degree and a minimum of six (6) years of directly related experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Extensive experience working in a unionized environment and interpreting collective agreements;
- Ability to deescalate difficult situations; skills in problem solving and mediating;
- Broad experience with conducting investigations;
- Knowledge of, and experience with, performance evaluation systems;
- Hands on knowledge of compensation programs including annual increases, benefit programs and innovative total compensation programs;
- Experience in policy development;
- A great understanding and passion for employment equity issues, a desire for barrier free employment as well as healthy and innovative work environments;
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to work under pressure as part of a very busy team;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a high degree of professionalism;
- High level of compassion, tact, diplomacy and discretion;
- Excellent verbal and written proficiency in French and English.
Who Can Apply
Persons residing in Canada and Canadian citizens residing abroad. Preference will be given to Canadian citizens.
All communication will be conducted through email and interviews via videoconferencing. Please ensure to have the most up-to-date information on your resume including your current email address.
While we appreciate all applications, only those selected for an interview will be contacted by us.
If you are a person with a disability and require accommodation for an interview or written exam, please advise us when initially contacted.
The successful candidate will be required to provide the original or a certified true copy of their education credentials as appropriate, along with proof of a valid Criminal Record Check as a condition of employment.
More searches like this
- Hospitality and Recreation Industries Workplace / Employment Law Supervisor, Officer, Lead 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- HR Consultant - Independent Workplace / Employment Law Supervisor, Officer, Lead 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario
- Management Consulting Workplace / Employment Law Supervisor, Officer, Lead 71,000 - 90,000 jobs in Ontario