Human Resources Specialist
iHR is an innovative and professional on-demand HR advisory and executive coaching company for private and not-for-profit businesses in Canada.
Our clients operate small and medium sized enterprises across a variety of industries with anywhere from 5 – 500 employees. Based in Ottawa, Ontario, the iHR team of experts offers strategic HR advice and support to business owners, leaders, office managers, and in-house HR professionals in the delivery of innovative HR and leadership coaching programs.
We are looking to hire a full-time Human Resources (HR) Specialist whose passion is all things HR, and how that impacts organizations across various industries. The individual has a healthy dose of self-confidence in their HR expertise and a track record in building strong relationships. Their dream job is collaborating on the design of customized solutions, while having a ton of fun. If we just described you, we want to meet you!
If you’ve always wanted to be a part of a team that has multiple projects on the go at any given time and you thrive in recruitment and project management, iHR is the place for you. You also love learning from seasoned HR leaders and business strategists who are part of our National team and bring a wealth of knowledge and guidance. If you want to be a part of the most up-and-coming team of certified HR professionals in Ottawa, send us your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, tell us which three things distinguish you from other HR professionals and what ‘super powers’ you would bring to our team.
Summary of Duties
Reporting to the Human Resources Business Partner, the Human Resources (HR) Specialist enables the HR team to mobilize by ensuring that the office runs smoothly, and client files are progressing as planned. The incumbent will also provide advisory services to clients as assigned. She/he conducts HR research to support team members and is responsible for recruitment activities and liaising with existing and prospective clients to gather information and follow-up on requests.
- Develop customized job descriptions, telephone-screening questionnaires, interview questionnaires, work sample exercises, reference check templates and other customized materials as required for the recruitment process.
- Conduct initial resume screening, telephone-screening interviews, evaluate applicants, make recommendations, create reports, and provide assistance as a member of the interview panel and work sample exercise.
- Assist the HR team by coordinating calendars and scheduling meetings and events (e.g. OBoT Sub-Committee, workshops, travel, and special events).
- Continuously update Triage/Deliverable document for the team and recommend new ways to make process improvements.
- Design and implement template documents and processes for the team and our clients.
- Coordinate onboarding and contract renewals for clients.
- Coordinate all client project plans and follow-up on assigned tasks to team members.
- Create status updates for clients.
- Respond to client requests and redirect their inquiries to appropriate team members.
- Ensure our client files are up-to-date in our shared confidential files which is accessible via VPN.
- Proactively contact current and prospective clients to provide updates, reminders and information.
- Liaison with the Communications Officer for potential media opportunities.
- Provide administrative support to the HR team as required.
Key Requirements Education & Experience:
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources Management and/or Office Administration.
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or in progress.
- 1-2 years of recent related work experience.
An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a variety of stakeholders as well as strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interview skills with an ability to apply recruitment process activities that will support inclusiveness and access for people with disabilities.
- The ability to be professional and use sound judgment in all client interactions.
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational, time management, and project management skills.
- In-depth competency in Word, Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter who thrives in an environment where they can be equally successful working independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Bilingual in English and French.
- Other related HR Certifications (e.g. Registered Profession Recruiter (RPR), Health and Safety, Workplace Investigations).
- Previous experience providing administrative support and/or experience working in an HR department.
- Previous experience working with a Customer Relationship Management Software (CRM).
Job duties may be changed at the employer’s discretion to reflect current business requirements.