Human Resources Manager
Here we grow again!
Here’s your opportunity to join a Canadian, family-owned and operated business that has been in business for over 35 years. We are very passionate about customer service and care for everyone on our Team. We are committed to seeing you succeed and will provide you with all the training and support needed to make you successful in this position. If you are hardworking, have a positive attitude, like to have fun at work and passionate about people and creating a great place to work, we would love you to apply today.
You can learn more about us at www.kooybros.com.
As the Human Resources Manager, you will be independently leading the Human Resources function, including on/off-boarding, employee relations, benefits administration, compliance, health & safety, performance management and all HR programs.
This is a full-time position that reports to the General Manager and is an in-office role as Kooy Brothers is an essential business as defined by the Ontario Government. Our business is open Monday to Saturday so occasional work on Saturdays is required
Responsibilities - What you’ll be doing
- Act as primary point of HR contact to all managers and employees in the areas of employee relations, reward & recognition, performance management & development, culture, employee engagement, succession planning and training
- Provide advice on various human resources matters, company policies and employment legislation
- Support department managers with full cycle recruitment
- Develop on-boarding plans to support new hires
- Review and develop recommendations regarding total rewards including benefits, compensation plans, pay matrices
- Manage employee records and ensure compliance
- Maintain organizational charts and current job descriptions
- Lead the annual performance review process and provide guidance to managers
- Develop and update company employment polices
- Develop employee engagement initiatives, workshops and training and retention strategies with assistance from managers.
- Develop and coordinate employee recognition and appreciation events
- Develop and lead employee communications
- Manage off-boarding – voluntary and involuntary terminations of employment
- Oversee health and safety initiatives and manage policy updates and creation in keeping with provincial legislative requirements. Provide oversight of Health & Safety requirements ensuring compliance including but not limited to the JHSC.
- Management of occupational (WSIB) and non-occupational injuries and the return-to-work process
- Develop and manager HR plan, budget, metrics and KPIs
Skills, Knowledge and Qualifications - What you need to bring
- Proven understanding and knowledge of relevant provincial legislations and relevant case law including but not limited to: Employment Standards, Human Rights, Privacy Act, Employment & Pay Equity, and Occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Demonstrated experience in employee relations.
- Hands-on strategic thinker with developed HR diagnostic, coaching, mentoring, and consultative skills
- Demonstrated and highly developed recruiting skills including experience using behavioral based interviewing techniques to assess and select the most suitable and qualified applicants
- Demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence business partners
- Ability to anticipate and manage change effectively
- Experienced in effectively coordinating and planning multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong presentation skills
- Proven ability to provide guidance and direction to staff, assess training needs and address performance issues.
- Superior analytical, problem solving, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Superior written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to build trust and relationships with internal stakeholders
The successful candidate will possess:
- An undergraduate degree in a related field such as Human Resources, Business Administration, Psychology or other related degree or have completed a professional development program in Human Resources.
- An HR designation is preferred
- 7 + years of related progressive professional and leadership experience in human resources management
- Experience in retail and/or other service industries preferred
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Health benefits
- Being an integral part of a family run, Canadian company with a great team environment
- Friday Lunches - just one of our ways of saying thank you to our team!
- Employee discount
- Central location - close to the Highway 400/401
Thank you to all applicants, we are thrilled you’re interested in joining our team. We will be contacting only those selected for an interview.