Human Resources Manager
Founded in 1979, Action Against Hunger is a global humanitarian organization that takes decisive action against the causes and effects of hunger.
Our mission is to save the lives of severely malnourished children while helping communities become self-sufficient. Recognized as a world leader in the fight against malnutrition, Action Against Hunger has pursued its vision of a world without hunger for almost four decades, combating hunger in emergency situations of conflict, natural disaster, and chronic food insecurity. With more than 8,000 staff in nearly 50 countries, our programs in nutrition, food security, livelihoods, water, sanitation, and hygiene, reach more than 20 million people each year.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Action Against Hunger Canada is looking for a highly motivated and committed Human Resources Manager to join our team in Toronto. This role will be responsible for the development and implementation of human resource strategy, policy and procedures. The HR Manager will specifically lead on the implementation and ongoing management of all human resource processes and provide comprehensive support to the management team and the wider organization which will positively impact the retention and growth of Action Against Hunger Canada team members.
Under the direct supervision of the Executive Director and in close collaboration with the Senior Management Team, the Human Resources Manager will:
• In collaboration with the Senior Management Team, develop and implement an organizational human resource and talent strategy particularly as it relates to current and future talent needs, recruiting, retention, and succession planning.
• Manage the talent acquisition process of well-suited candidates, and develop and implement a meaningful and systematic on-boarding experience for maximum engagement.
• Manage all implementation and operational requirements of the HRIS.
• Manage all aspects of employee performance management including overseeing a regular process, supporting managers to deliver timely feedback, and managing performance improvement plans and terminations as required.
• Manage and maintain all aspects of learning and development in terms of learning plans for the Action Against Hunger Canada team, conducting training as necessary and or providing support for the preparation of learning and development initiatives.
• Manage all HR related reporting needs including consolidating organizational data and prepare relevant reports for the Senior Management Team and/or Board of Directors including reporting on the defined key performance indicators (KPI’s) for the Action Against Hunger Canada strategy
• Maintain knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law to ensure compliance.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, Business Administration, or related field required.
- A minimum of eight (8) years of management experience in Human Resources preferred.
- CHRP or CHRL designation is considered an asset.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate in a diverse, multi-cultural environment
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Proficiency with or the ability to quickly learn the organizations HRIS and talent management systems
- Demonstrated commitment to Gender Equality and Gender Based Violence risk mitigation/protection
- Demonstrated understanding of the creation of an enabling environment for gender equality and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (PSEA) prevention in the workplace
- Genuine interest in and commitment to the humanitarian principles of Action Against Hunger
Action Against Hunger Canada is committed to promoting the well-being of people around the world and focuses its efforts on saving the lives through the elimination of hunger. Action Against Hunger Canada has a zero-tolerance policy for any behavior violating our code of conduct, including workplace violence, harassment and sexual harassment, any form of exploitation and abuse, corruption, fraud and any behavior lacking integrity. Action Against Hunger actively recruits new team members who demonstrate a commitment to our organizational values and principals.
We actively welcome applications from: women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, ethnic minorities, persons of minority sexual orientation or gender identity, visible minorities and others who may contribute to our organizational diversity and who share our values. If you are invited to continue the selection process, please notify us as soon as possible of any particular adaptive measures you might require.
All employment offers with Action Against Hunger Canada are conditional upon the receipt of satisfactory references and the signing our code of conduct and Protection from Sexual Exploitation and Abuse Policy. Certain positions may be subject to appropriate screening checks.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter and resume by March 7, 2021.
To learn more about Action Against Hunger, visit our website at actionagainsthunger.ca