Human Resources Generalist
We are Sixsense Strategy Group (www.sixsenseinc.com), a boutique consulting company with a singular focus on the life sciences industry. Our strategists and scientists collaborate to provide a unique and refreshing approach to strategy and medical communications. We work with a breadth of clients. Our sweetspot is companies that are launching new therapies or entering new disease areas and are looking for strategic partners.
We are currently looking for a Human Resources Generalist to join our rapidly growing team. This is an intermediate level, full-time role supporting the growth of our company and enhancing our reputation as experts in providing insightful strategic thinking that is grounded in science.
As a Human Resources Generalist at sixsense strategy group, you provide support to the Operations team by providing guidance, advice and administrative support on various HR functions including recruitment, benefits, learning and development, managing the feedback/review process and serve as the first point of contact for general employee inquiries. You will work directly with the Senior Business Operations Manager to develop, maintain and improve HR systems and programs.
This is the perfect role for an experienced Human Resources professional who recognizes the sixsense way of setting the bar for quality and being leaders in acquiring, developing, and retaining top-talent for our rapidly growing business consultancy in a fast-paced and exciting environment. The HR Generalist acts as a key enabler of our culture, purpose, and core values at sixsense strategy group. Specific responsibilities include:
- Design and implement HR programs, processes, and policies.
- Keep the company abreast of emerging employment related legislation.
- Respond to employees’ queries and resolve concerns in a timely and professional manner.
- Lead the recruitment and selection process, by identifying hiring needs, posting vacancies, receiving applications, scheduling, and facilitating assessments, and creating interview profiles across a range of roles.
- Build scalable professional development programs that aid in growing the team's capabilities and promote career progression.
- Maintain up-to-date employee files ensuring new information or changes in employment status is added in a timely manner.
- Optimize and execute employee onboarding and offboarding procedures.
- Manage the development of our talent including:
- Design and implement effective training and development plans.
- Manage / Execute our performance review process.
- Make compensation recommendations based upon research to ensure fairness relative to contribution and the market.
- Keep a pulse on the most innovative people's practices and have a desire to set a new bar in terms of how a company can treat its employees in a remote office environment.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently, plan for additional resources, set goals and objectives, and organize tasks.
- Solutions oriented with excellent problem-solving skills, including the ability to analyze information skillfully, develop alternative solutions, and work well in group problem-solving solutions.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills; experience implementing new ways of working.
- Strong interpersonal skills, sensitivity/discretion and confidentiality.
- A degree or diploma in a related discipline (HR, business administration).
- Completion of/or working towards your CHRP or CHRL designation.
- A minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in Human Resources in a generalist capacity.
- Experience in the life sciences field is preferred
- Experience in an entrepreneurial or start-up environment, is preferred
- Experience as a sole HR practitioner is an asset
Currently this position is home based during the pandemic. Ultimately it will be a mix of in-office and work from home. The office is located in downtown Toronto.
sixsense strategy group is proud to provide accommodation(s) during the recruitment process. Should you require any accommodations, please indicate this on your application/cover letter and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs. For any questions, suggestions or required documents regarding accessibility in a different format, please contact our office at 416-703-6526 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org