Director, Strategic Talent Management
Director, Strategic Talent Management
People and Equity
JOB ID: J0221-0945
Classification: Full-time Administration
Pay Band: 14
Pay Range: $115,279 - $153,705 per year
Campus/Location: Progress Campus
Posting Date: February 16, 2021
Closing Date: March 12, 2021
We believe a Centennial education is an education without borders, because the world has changed, and so have we. We’ve re-created our College, giving ourselves a unique position in the marketplace and the world. We are now prepared for the next set of challenges: To be more innovative and entrepreneurial, to further exploit the benefits of technology, to creatively engage our employees, to build more bridges with communities and employers and to see our graduates do meaningful work and have meaningful lives.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are fundamental to our mission to educate students. We are committed to education that places strong emphasis on global citizenship, social justice and equity. There is a strength and richness that diversity brings to our workforce and we welcome contributors from equity groups including: Visible Minorities, Persons with Disabilities, Lesbian Gay, Bisexual, Transgender and Queer persons.
We also recognize that Centennial is situated on the Treaty Lands of the Mississaugas of the Credit First Nation and pay tribute to their legacy as well as that of all First Peoples that have been and remain present here in Toronto. We recognize that First Peoples come from sovereign Nations and that part of understanding our responsibilities of residing on this territory are understanding the history and legacy of the Treaties signed here, and that all peoples in this area are Treaty people with obligations and responsibilities to all our relations.
About Our Team
Centennial’s People and Equity portfolio houses leaders and experts who advance human resources needs across the College. As a strategic partner P&E develops and designs talent initiative that support the realization of the Colleges strategic direction and the guides equity, diversity, anti-racism, inclusion and Indigenization of the institution.
Reporting to the Vice President, People and Equity, the Director of Strategic Talent Management will lead the People & Equity Talent Management function, including organizational development, occupational health, safety and wellness, talent acquisition, people change management, and leadership and employee development. The incumbent must provide strategic development and delivery of enabling solutions that build a high-performance, agile working culture and enhance organizational performance in alignment with the Book of Our Future. This role is critical in fostering Empowerment – one of the triple Es framework – leading engagement and facilitating the development of Centennial’s People Plan. This role acts as a thought leader and senior expert, bringing best in class and growth mindset for multi-year requirements including identifying and embedding institutional values The incumbent is a key resource in designing, developing and managing strategies, tools and processes for the College.
- Partners with Vice President, P&E to deliver best-in-class solutions that deliver on the Book of Our Future, the 3Es framework – specifically Empowerment, and elevates the employee experience at Centennial
- Accountable for key deliverables in the Talent Development strategy: balanced scorecard performance management, leadership development, a vibrant employee experience, succession planning, talent assessments, and high potential identification and development
- Assesses data from various sources to inform decisions around talent strategy development.
- Provides direction and oversight of talent management efforts for the college, including employee recruitment, leadership behaviours and development, core competencies across all employee groups, succession planning and coaching as part of the foundation of our institutional culture
- Oversees the creation and implementation of a competency model and framework, professional development strategy, and the design and delivery of programs
- Oversees the strategy and execution of performance management programs, engagement surveys and all other organizational development programs and initiatives
- Leads the design strategy and oversees the execution of learning and development programs
- Designs, supports, and facilitates talent review process to manage the development of high potentials and key talent pools
- Creates talent-related dashboards and maintains reporting of talent success metrics and proactively monitors and identifies areas for action
- Oversees the creation and implementation of a change management framework, tools and resources, anchored to strong research and data driven best practice
- Aligns the Employee Health and Wellness strategy with student health and wellbeing (CALCS) and the focus on both physical and mental wellbeing and safety
- Directs changes regarding talent hiring framework in alignment with competencies, institutional values and the EDI strategy of the college
- Partners closely with HR Consulting Team to translate business needs into practical talent solutions and guides the team through implement across the enterprise
- Evaluates and manages vendors and consultants to ensure the efficient operation of functions
- Maintains a high level of team performance through effective communication, training, developing, motivating and evaluating of team progress
- Post Graduate Degree in a related field or equivalent, CHRE preferred
- Twelve (12) years’ experience in a human resources role, including experience with strategic design, development and implementation/delivery in talent management practices and systems, performance management, leadership development, employee experience, talent acquisition, organizational effectiveness, and change management.
- Experience in a unionized or higher education environment considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, with ability to motivate and influence a large and multifunctional team
- Strategic planning with superior leadership, effectively managing stakeholder relationships and ability to share and implement a vision
- Demonstrated experience, knowledge, understanding of equity, diversity and inclusion and how that translates into Strategic Talent Management programs and initiatives.
- Experience in effectively communicating with and empowering employees at all levels across the organization
- Expertise in implementing innovative and progressive strategic talent management models and frameworks
- Proven work in identifying identified systemic biases taking data-informed steps to address those biases head on.
- Proven superior decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent relationship builder with exceptional networking, listening and negotiating skills.
Apply online: www.centennialcollege.ca/careers
Proof of credentials or equivalencies from accredited regional or federal post secondary institutions and/or their foreign equivalents will be required at the time of job offer.
When applying, your cover letter and résumé must include examples that reflect all of the requested skills and qualifications and must be submitted online by March 12, 2021 at 11:59 PM EST. Please quote Job ID J0221-0945. Misrepresentation of applicant information will be grounds for your exclusion from the competition or for dismissal should you subsequently be hired for the position. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to providing persons with disabilities equal opportunities regarding all employment activities, including access to jobs and accommodations during employment as required, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).