Human Resources Advisor
Position Title: Human Resources Advisor
Terms: Full time
Organization Structure Reports to the Human Resources Director
The HR Advisor: This role acts in the capacity as an HR Generalist responsible in performing a wide range of services related to all functional areas of human resources on a professional level and works closely with management in supporting all programs and locations. The incumbent will work collaboratively with managers to ensure that all HR policies and legal compliances, as well as collective agreement obligations are met.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Responsible for all HR functions throughout the organization such as compensation, labour relations, benefits, training and development, talent management, health and safety, employee relations, benefits and health services.
- Leads the recruitment and interviewing process for assigned client groups. Works collaboratively with hiring managers to determine role requirements, job descriptions and sourcing strategies. Administers a full cycle recruitment process including sourcing, screening, interviewing, preparing offers letters and conducting onboarding and off-boarding.
- Provides guidance and advice to management and employees on human resources related matters in accordance with applicable legislations as well as internal policies, processes, and procedures.
- Administers and coordinates as needed with other HR team members and the payroll and accounting team.
- Maintains human resource information system records and assists with implementation/ maintenance of Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS). May prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Writes, revises, edits and proofreads Agency policies and procedures and related documents as needed including job descriptions.
- Completes special projects by clarifying project objectives; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information.
- Leads the Joint Health and Safety Committee and ensures proper documentation and record keeping of all incident/accident reports, monthly inspection reports, disability management, return to work, work accommodation and attendance.
- Supports the Human Resources Officer and other members of the Human Resources Departments as needed.
- Acts in accordance with and incorporates Polycultural's Code of Ethics, Confidentiality, Anti-Oppression/Anti-Racism, Harassment & Discrimination policies, etc.
- Uses sound judgment in consideration of financial resources.
- Complies with Polycultural’s financial policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Models appropriate behaviours to staff/volunteers consistent with Polycultural’s Mission, Vision and Values
Attention to Detail: Thoroughness in accomplishing a task through concern for all the areas involved, no matter how small. Monitors and checks work or information and plans and organizes time and resources efficiently.
Continuous Learning: Demonstrates eagerness to acquire necessary technical knowledge, skills, and judgment to accomplish a result or to serve clients’ needs effectively. Has desire and drive to acquire knowledge and skills necessary to perform job more effectively.
Self Management: The ability to effectively and responsibly manage your own actions, well being and time to achieve organizational goals, self-improvement and personal growth. To maintain an effective work/life balance in response to a stressful, challenging and dynamic work environment. Teamwork: The ability to work cooperatively with others, in a participatory or leadership role to create teams that use the combined strengths of individual members to accomplish organizational goals.
Communication: Uses a variety of communication styles and strategies to foster open communications, the exchange of information and discussion on an ongoing basis.
- A completed undergraduate degree plus a post-secondary certificate in Human Resources plus 5 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources;HR exposure within a profit or non-profit environment.
- CHRP designation or in progress and affiliation with HR Professional Association preferred
- Strong HR Generalist background in a unionized environment with core competencies all HR Functions
- Advance HRIS experience especially Microsoft Dynamics( NAV) is a definite asset
- Excellent computer skills in Microsoft office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook) and databases
- Good understanding of group dynamics and employee / employer relation principles.
- Flexible and results-oriented approach to work within a relatively structured environment with multiple sites.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and quickly gain credibility to influence and provide coaching.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain professional behaviour in challenging situations and ability to maintain strict standards of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to enhance department and Agency reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Good communication skills, including written, verbal and good facilitation and presentation skills.
- Sound judgement to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive employment issues.
- Good analytical and critical thinking skills combined with common sense.
- Proven time management and organizational skills to manage competing priorities.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please forward your application to the Hiring Committee with cover letter explaining your interest in this position as an attachment in MS Word in one document with the file name: Last name first name to:
Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services
17 Four Seasons Place, Suite 102
Toronto, Ontario M9B 6E6
Polycultural reserves the right to post internally and externally.
In support of persons with disabilities, Polycultural asks that job applicants with disabilities who require accommodation in the recruitment and selection process, to please advise Human Resources, if contacted for an interview/testing, so that suitable accommodation can be arranged. (In compliance with AODA, 2005, Integrated Accessibility Standards). If you require assistance in sending your resume due to a disability, please contact Human Resources directly.
We thank everyone for their interest in Polycultural; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Polycultural Immigrant & Community Services hires on the basis of merit and is committed to employment equity.
No Phone calls please