Health & Safety/ Human Resources Advisor
Reporting to the Manager of Human Resources, the Health & Safety /Human Resources Advisor will provide strategic HR and people management support and advice to departmental management and staff on all Health and Safety and Human Resources policies and practices related to the management of non-union and unionized staff including, recruitment, accessibility, staff engagement, organizational development, wellness and health and safety. The Health & Safety /Human Resources Advisor will take the Lead on ensuring the Town’s compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and develop a greater awareness of accessibility and accommodation considerations among Town staff, Council and the community as a whole. The position also provides back-up to the Compensation and Benefits Administrator.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience:
- Four Year Degree in Human Resources Management or Occupational Health and Safety or equivalent.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation required (or working towards).
- Minimum Five (5) years demonstrable evidence of HR expertise with solid understanding of general HR policies and procedures, employee relations, training, and development
- Three (3) years’ experience in organizational Occupational Health and Safety programs.
- Knowledge of organizational development and change management theories and practices.
- Knowledge of HR tools and systems available to support HR reporting and employee information (e.g. Microsoft Office applications, HRIS, Indeed, Applicant Tracking Systems) and Human Resources Information Systems.
- Strong organization, active listening, and multitasking skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify areas of development, create an action plan and deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to exercise tact and sound professional judgement when responding to matters concerning sensitive personal information.
- Strong presentation skills and analytical skills, ability to perform tasks with minimal supervision, ability to work with all levels of management, proven ability to manage organizational change, creative forward thinker.
- Demonstrated excellent communication (verbal & written), interpersonal, facilitation and organizational skills with superior conflict resolution.
- Ability to participate as an effective team member, supporting departmental/organizational goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to understand key initiatives and deliver results effectively and in a timely manner
- Working knowledge of HR legislation in Ontario
Information for Interested Candidates:
A detailed job description and instructions on how to apply are available on the Town’s website, www.thebluemountains.ca under Town Hall - Employment Opportunities.
The submission deadline for applications is 4:30 p.m. on Monday, March 8, 2021.
Hourly Salary Range: $72,305 - $83,681.33 (2021 Rate)
Full Time – 1 Position Available
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) please advise the Human Resources Department to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated throughout this process. Personal information provided by the applicants is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, 2001 and will be used for the purpose of candidate selection.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.