Manager, Talent Acquisition
With more than 1000 sworn and civilian members, the Waterloo Regional Police Service (WRPS) requires a Manager, Talent Acquisition. The WRPS delivers exceptional police services to more than 575,000 residents. The Waterloo Region is a vital and prosperous community in Southern Ontario that offers the unique combination of a growing urban centre surrounded by four rural communities. You will work in a community proud of its diversity, and within an organization focused on its people.
As the Manager, Talent Acquisition…
- Develop and execute all sourcing initiatives to attract qualified and competitive candidates;
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and proactively research and seek out creative and innovative ways of sourcing talent; identify and build talent pipelines utilizing a range of talent sourcing channels;
- Design, develop and implement a proactive outreach recruitment strategy using diversity and inclusion best practices; cultivate respective candidate pools; evaluate effectiveness, efficiency and feedback to deliver an engaging and positive candidate experience; and
- Research and develop a timeline of recruitment events; represent the Service at events with the goal of networking and relationship building with candidate communities; fosters positive partnerships with school boards, colleges and universities, other agencies, and community groups.
- A degree in business, human resources management or related field, plus (8) eight years of progressive human resources experience, with proven success in talent management or talent sourcing for a diverse and complex workforce. Previous professional experience in policing, military, healthcare, or the broader public sector is preferred;
- Attainment of a Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) is required. Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) is preferred;
- Five (5) years of experience supervising a diverse team is required;
- Three (3) years of leadership and management experience with a proven track record of establishing credibility and influencing key stakeholders at all levels;
- Advanced knowledge of effective hiring platforms and strong interview skills;
- A valid Class ‘G’ Driver’s License with no more than six (6) demerit points required to travel within and outside the region.
- A proactive problem-solver with analytical and critical thinking skills;
- A strong communicator with excellent interpersonal skills;
- Able to participate as an effective team member and to support and project values compatible with the organization;
- Able to meet police security clearance requirements and maintain confidentiality; and
- Able to meet the testing and police security requirements for the position.
For further details about this position and a complete job description, please visit our website www.wrps.on.ca.
Why join WRPS?
- Ongoing professional development
- Excellent benefits and pension
- Dynamic, exciting work environment
- Strong, supportive leadership
- Employee fitness and wellness programs
- Salary: $124,224
If you’re interested in this position, please apply online by March 15th, 2021 at 3pm.
Please ensure you provide all supporting information from current and past employment (if applicable) to specify how you meet the requirements for this position in your online profile. You will be assessed based on the information provided in your application.
If you require accommodation in completing the application process, or with any portion of the application process or interview, please email the WRPS at HumanResources@wrps.on.ca.
Diversity through inclusion – we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We thank all applicants; however, only those selected to move forward will be contacted.