Bilingual HR Generalist
POSITION TITLE: Bilingual HR Generalist
REPORTS TO: Director, People & Change Leadership
LOCATION: Flexible – Toronto Based Head Office
LANGUAGE: Fluent in both English and French
SOCAN is Canada’s largest member-based rights management organization. We serve and champion more than 160,000 music creators, publishers and visual artists, advocate for them,
and protect their rights. We do this by using and building state-of-the art technology that ensures they are paid for their work – music and art we all enjoy.
Your primary focus is to provide Human consultation to all SOCAN Business Units and affiliated companies. While operating under sound polices and the latest HR tools you will build solid
working relationships with front line clients and employees to support them in meeting their people and business strategies, ensuring best practices.
- Be the first point of contact for assigned BU, with focus on ongoing coaching and feedback
- Manage employee relation matters to ensure organizational equity, where required gain assistance to mitigate potential business risks
- Participate in BU Team Meetings
- Be the change leader to support your BU and adapt quickly to adjust priorities to meet changing situations
- Navigate through complex situations and provide simplified solutions
- See the big picture, influence, and contribute to support business priorities and initiatives
- Provide monthly headcount reports and quarterly HR dashboards to initiate meaningful discussions with leaders to provide solid recommendations on next steps
- Conduct exit interviews and present quarterly analysis
- Manage STD/LTD and return to work process, and participate in vendor status meetings
- Provide French language support across entire organization on all initiatives
- Drive talent planning in each BU to identify key contributors, flight risks and level of impact to the business
- Focus on succession planning, development of leaders, and career pathing for top talent
- Participate in recruitment and intake meetings
- Work with leaders to enhance team engagement
- Provide compensation analysis and recommendations
- Guide clients on how to develop and maintain a positive work environment to mitigate potential business risks
- Identify ways to support operational efficiencies and process improvements and help leaders to manage headcount
- Support, plan and execute reorganizations and synergies exercises
Project, Programs, Policy
- Manage the successful deployment and understanding of HR programs, policies and projects in a timely, efficient and proactive manner
- Act as a change management ambassador to articulate and promote HR programs, policies and projects
- Support deployment of engagement results and any action planning
- Projects as assigned (Leads/Owner of: Performance Management (Full Cycle), Employee Survey, Compensation /Bonus, DayForce - Related modules, BU specific projects)
Collaboration Between Team Members
- Proactive sharing of information and trends within the team
- Identifying key back-up for absences, vacation to ensure each BU maintains a single point of contact
- Proactively offering help and support and being accountable
- Focus at looking at the big picture and solution-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree - Human Resources, Business or a related field
- Five plus years of human resources generalist experience with advanced knowledge of employment law and regulatory agencies or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Dayforce(Ceridian systems/implementation) experience preferred
- Fluently Bilingual in English & French
- Strong MS Office Skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
- Tech savvy and curious
- Builds strong relationships: Acts with sense of urgency to meet the needs of clients, employees and vendors
- Communication: Expresses thoughts clearly and concisely (both written and verbally)
- Integrity: Establishes trust and deals with issues directly
- Results Oriented: Effective in the planning, prioritization, and timely execution of work
- Self-Management and Development: Takes personal responsibility for own growth and development and stays knowledgeable of current trends, employment laws and regulations
- Strategic Thinker: Focused at looking at the big picture, solution-oriented, data driven
- Collaborative: Modifies personal style, proactively supports needs of others, actively listens, and shares information to achieve a common goal
- Change Agent: Embraces, supports, and creates change
- 35 hours per work week / 5 days per work
- Modification of hours may be required from time to time to meet business needs
- Travel may be required
SOCAN’s is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that supports a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability and age.
If selected for an interview, skills may be tested, and selection will be based on factors, related experience and alignment of skills. Interview teams are comprised of a diverse subset of people to ensure fair, equitable, consideration is made when considering each qualified candidate.
SOCAN is committed to providing an inclusive workplace environment that meets the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities. Should you require accommodations please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will make the necessary accommodations. Applications submitted to this email address will not be accepted.
READY TO JOIN SOCAN AND MAKE A DIFFERENCE?
Please visit our career page at: http://www.socan.com/careers/ and select “Apply” beside the role you are interested in applying for.
We thank everyone for their interest however, only qualified applicants will be contacted.
To learn more about SOCAN, please visit www.socan.com