Human Resources Business Partner
About The Role
Schedule: Shift 5/2, 4/3
Position Reports To: Human Resources Manager
As an integral part of New Gold’s Human Resources team, the Human Resources Business Partner will provide support and guidance to client group departments and employees on employee relations, performance management, disability management, policies and procedures. The Human Resources Business Partner will be responsible for building successful, trusting relationships with all levels of the organization to ensure that all employees understand and demonstrate the values and culture of Rainy River.
- Advise and provide guidance to client group departments on HR issues and be a trusted resource at all levels of the organization.
- Promote and maintain a results-driven, continuous improvement, performance culture throughout the operation and recommend solutions and improvements to current HR processes and programs.
- Provide guidance to supervisors and above regarding Human Resources policies, procedures and legislation.
- Coach employees to develop understanding of themselves and others in building positive team relationships.
- Work collaboratively with Impact Benefit Agreement partners and Aboriginal Liaisons to foster positive working relationships and maximize employment.
- Promote a positive health, safety, and environment culture.
Employee & Labour Relations
- Accountable for all Employee & Labour relation investigations
- Ensures all policies, procedures, employment legislation are adhered to.
- Ensures a consistent approach to problem resolution and discipline.
- Ensures a consistent approach to investigation of employee misconduct
- Develops and delivers education to Leaders on Employee, Labour & Human Rights education in alignment with current Policy and Legislation.
- Responsible for the Disability Management for all assigned business groups
- Responsible for developing preventative strategies for stay-at-work, accommodation, and best practice RTW programs.
- Utilizes EAP and other organizational supports to develop Disability Management strategies.
- Develops and delivers education on Disability for Leaders.
- Supports Human Resources Manager with Disability management and prevention Best Practice. Develops robust Disability program, policy and education for organization.
Performance & Talent Management
- Assist business in providing employees with development opportunities that align with current and future performance standards
- Provide expert advice and coaching to Managers when appropriate
- Facilitate a strong leadership and coaching culture
- Evaluate reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals
- Participate in developing department goals, objectives, and systems, and recommend necessary changes
- Degree or diploma in Human Resources Management, Business Administration or other related discipline.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Human Resources in an industrial or mining environment, with experience in recruitment, employee relations and disability management.
- Customer service orientation at all levels of the organization.
- High level of integrity and accountability.
- Attention to detail with excellent organizational skills
- Sound judgment in resolving issues.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with internal and external contacts.
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
- Excellent software skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- A collaborative team player committed to developing themselves and others.
Why New Gold?
- Highly competitive base salary, compensation programs and a quarterly incentive program
- Extended Health & Dental Benefit
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance benefit
- Defined match contribution to group registered retirement savings account
- Relocation package provided