Human Resources Manager
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
Samuel, Son & Co. is growing! If you're looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a family run, industry leading organization, bring your experience and motivated attitude to Samuel, Son & Co.
We are seeking a Human Resources Manager to join our team in Markham, ON.
If you think you have what it takes to become part of our team, contact us today.
Here are some of what we have to offer:
- Competitive compensation
- Paid vacation and an annual bonus
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Pension plan with company match
- Opportunity for fast advancement and career growth
The Human Resources Manager will be responsible for Human Resource related duties for Samuel Associated Tube Group, with operations in Markham, Ontario and Birmingham, Alabama. This position will focus on employee relations, employee engagement, internal communication, succession planning, performance reviews, and talent management.
- Provide business leaders and employees with timely, sensitive and pragmatic advice which contributes to organizational effectiveness, employee engagement and the resolution of workplace issues.
- Contribute to the efforts of the Management Team to develop talent and plan for future successions.
- Assist hiring managers with recruitment projects (e.g. developing job specifications, sourcing and assessing candidates, preparing job offers, etc.).
- Coach and support managers with the annual Performance Management cycle (e.g. objective setting, performance feedback, development planning and use of the Samuel Performance System).
- Implement and communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and government regulations.
- Ensure the legal compliance of all HR processes and activities and assume a lead role on change initiatives and best practice applications.
- Support the operation of compensation processes for hourly and salary employees (e.g. annual pay reviews, incentive plan, etc.).
- A well-rounded HR professional with 5-7 years’ generalist experience.
- Successful completion of a post-secondary program in a HR related field. Preference to individuals who have completed their HR professional designation.
- Ability to build and sustain strong working relationships, both within and external to the organization.
- Demonstrates good judgment, and tact.
- Proven and exemplary organizational, leadership and communication skills and a professional and collaborative approach to problem solving.
- Have a solid grasp of legislation and regulations that have a bearing on employment matters.
- Previous US & union experience considered an asset.