Human Resource Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner
We are a technology and applications leader with the industry knowledge and applications expertise to meet customer needs across industrial, food, medical, chemical and electronics industries. We offer over 120 years of proven experience in the safe and reliable production and delivery of industrial, medical and specialty gases. We’re the talented people you know and trust, now with a new name.
Today our deep understanding of industry trends and customer requirements allows us to collaborate intensely with customers to identify and develop long-term solutions that deliver competitive advantage. Our in-depth knowledge of customers’ manufacturing processes enables turn-key engineering with minimal plant downtime, and our technology development capabilities are unrivaled
- Partner with client group’s director to maximize culture, employee engagement and inclusion, and ultimately business performance that results in HPO;
- Deliver key talent processes such as performance management, succession, and compensation planning to clients utilizing standardized toolkits and processes furnished by other HR Specialists for seamless execution.
- Lead and implement succession and capability reviews and translating action planning into HR service delivery
- Identify business case for new HR solutions as needed;
- Provide HR project and change management for organization realignments, acquisition, and/or divestitures, including due diligence and integration and for key human resources and business HPO projects
- Partner with line management on sourcing strategy, monitor recruiting activity to ensure needs are met; conduct workforce planning as needed to ensure pipeline approach is adopted for recurring, key vacancies
- Participate in functional director’s leadership team and Area Business team meetings to critically think through business challenges and opportunities in connection with function’s human resource capability and preparedness; develop solutions and lead the implementation.
- Provide day-to-day employee relations and Recognition and Consistent Consequence Management (RCCM) support to both union and non-union client groups within the region and analyze root causes to most effectively implement corrective actions and solutions support to avoid similar re-occurrence.
- Maintain excellent labour relations by managing union employee issues and grievances in a fair and equitable manner.
- Efficiently negotiate Union contracts as the authorised spokesperson at bargaining table and for the duration of the CBA, by remaining within budget/rates provided by the business, thus managing the process in a highly cost-effective manner as an HPO.
- Work with managers to investigate employee complaints, find root causes through meetings/interviews with peers & colleagues. Assess situation in its entirety and supported by facts in order to mitigate chances of litigation and/or discrimination complaints.
- Handle special projects within client group or as assigned to other business or HR areas.
- Partner with all HR functions, including recruiting, compensation, benefits, leadership development, employee services, employment/labour counsel to provide efficient, value-added, and human resources solutions in alignment with the HR Americas strategy:
- In conjunction with Compensation and line management, ensure robust job descriptions are evaluated properly in accordance with Linde standards and consult with compensation proactively on new roles and/or restructures
- Partner with staffing to facilitate efficient selection process that meets client needs; Participate in selection for key vacancies
- Partner with leadership development for identification and prioritization of core training needs within client function and delivery of management training programs.
- Ensure compliance with federal and state/provincial and local employment laws and regulations and company policies and strategies including code of ethics.
- Maintain the early career top talent pipeline by partnering with the business on company initiatives such as college recruitment, Sales Trainee program.
- As Human Resources representatives participate in committees as required such as Health & Safety, Accident Review and the corporate/regional Social Committees to promote partnership with the business, safety and wellness programs.
Qualifications Interpersonal skills:
- Strong communications skills at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to work cohesively in a team environment and across business units
- Ability to think strategically, and work tactically to implement strategy
- Demonstrated ability for innovative solutions to improve existing processes/programs
- A demonstrated ability to partner effectively with business groups
- Strong team facilitation, consulting, and problem-solving skills required
- Change management and facilitations skills required including communication and training planning as well as restructure and/or re-engineering experience required
- Project management – experience leading and implementing multiple projects and experience managing process improvement programs essential.
- Experience with dealing with all levels of the organization including business leaders, management and line employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills as well as strong presentation skills
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Bachelor's Degree in HR, Business or similar is required
- Minimum of 10 years HR management experience, preferably in a manufacturing/chemical, delivering and implementing HR programs and solutions, labor and employee relations, including solid collective contract negotiation and proactive preventive labor approaches
- Demonstrated experience providing HR leadership of restructuring, project and change management
- Strong knowledge and application of labor and employment laws
- A demonstrated ability to effectively work at all levels collaboratively, including strong emotional intelligence and conflict resolution
- MS office computer skills including Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Experience working across US and Canada a plus
- Spanish and/or French an asset
- Green belt certification a plus
- Regular domestic travel required
More searches like this
- Manufacturing Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Mississauga
- Primary Resources (e.g. Mining, Forestry) Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Mississauga
- Retail Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Mississauga
- Material Handling / Storage Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Mississauga
- Wholesale / Distribution Workplace / Employment Law Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Mississauga