Human Resources Consultant
4 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
Human Resources Consultant
Keeping Ontario’s Legislative Assembly running smoothly takes many talented people, doing many different jobs—from camera operators and committee clerks, to purchasing officers and researchers. The Office of the Assembly is dedicated to serving Ontario’s Parliament.
Together, we provide non-partisan administrative and procedural services to all MPPs, as well as operational support for the daily activities of the Legislative Assembly of Ontario. Our success is determined by the strength and diversity of our staff and by supporting our core values: integrity, inclusiveness, collaboration and excellence.
Are you looking for a rewarding career where you can share your expertise in a business partner capacity? If so, seize this opportunity to live our values as part of our Human Resources Branch, in Toronto, ON. You will report to the Human Resources Manager and work with a dynamic HR team.
What You’ll Do
You’ll act with integrity to:
- Use your sound judgment to assess client needs, and act as a client advisor, applying HR strategy to support clients and add value
- Interpret policy, practices and legislation to guide clients and ensure adherence to established policies and practices
- Maintain and follow guidelines to safeguard and/or disclose information, as appropriate
- Demonstrate a high degree of professionalism in a non-partisan consultative role
- Exhibit the utmost tact, diplomacy and confidentiality at all times while demonstrating a high degree of professionalism
- Provide human resources generalist services, information and advice to an assigned client group (ex. Legislative Assembly staff, Caucuses and various Commissions) pertaining to guidance on staffing, classification, pay and benefits administration, and employee relations
- Participate in developing, updating, revising and implementing HR policies, programs and initiatives
- Devise strategies for appropriate report development, leveraging and monitoring information to inform management
- Assess how effectively human resource initiatives are enabling organizational objectives
How You Qualify
You demonstrate excellence through your:
- Proven Human Resources experience within an HR business partnership capacity, with well-developed consulting and relationship management skills
- HR education and training and/or equivalency; you are near completion of, or have obtained, your CHRP or CHRL designation
- Thorough understanding of HR methods, policies, practices and procedures related to a broad range of HR functions
- Knowledge of information systems technology, tools and software applications to support HR management planning/services
- Ability to provide HR services which align with the Branch mandate, goals, practices and methods, while maintaining the Assembly’s systems, policies and practices
- Ability to adapt your approach to the operating philosophies of different work units and individual client needs
If you join our team, you can expect:
- A comprehensive benefit and pension package
- To be encouraged and supported to grow your career through training and development
- A dynamic work environment
- To work with a team of dedicated professionals
Salary Range: $68,057 - $98,065 per annum
If you share our values and are interested in this position, please visit us at www.ola.org and select Careers for more details. File No.: LA-2021-16 Closing Date: Monday, April 19, 2021
The Legislative Assembly of Ontario embraces diversity and, as an equal opportunity employer, is committed to creating an inclusive workplace while establishing a diversified qualified workforce. If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please email your contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org for follow-up.
While we appreciate your interest in obtaining employment with the Legislative Assembly of Ontario, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.