Human Resources & Corporate Culture Leader
Human Resources & Corporate Culture Leader
As a member of the Leadership Team as well as a member of the Biobest Global HR Community, the HR Leader partners with these teams to achieve results through people. Lead the team in building a strong infrastructure and create cultural alignment to develop, sustain, and deploy the Human Capital of Biobest in our journey to create our unique values-based culture. Build Capacity not Dependency.
The HR Leader will report to the GM of Biobest North America and will have a key multi-disciplinary role that includes developing and overseeing HR policies and procedures, compensation and benefit plans, recruitment and health and safety coordination. The ideal candidate will also have the capacity to work with teammates with different cultural backgrounds and contexts, as well as in different time zones.
- Substantial Business Acumen – strong analytical skills an diagnostic skills, understands business strategies/P&L, develops HR strategies that drive business results in line with the Global HR vision.
- Builds Trust – acts with integrity, remains open, supports others and communicates openly and honestly.
- Builds Partnerships – builds strategic relationships between own area, other areas, departments, etc. to achieve business results and create a culture aligned with the corporate values. An active participant in all employee/business interactions.
- Customer Focus – makes customers and their needs a primary focus of one’s actions while balancing their objectives with the larger organizational needs.
- Facilitates Change – facilitates the implementation and acceptance of change, addresses change resistance, manages complexity and contradictions, drives culture change in a very rapidly growing organization.
- Gains Commitment – clearly and succinctly conveys information and ideas in a variety of settings. Communicates in a focused and compelling way that drives action.
- Strategic Decision Making – identifies key issues relevant to achieving a goal, evaluates and selects strategies, establishes implementation plans and executes the plan.
- Systems Thinking – views business issues from a broad perspective that includes seeing overall structures, patterns and cycles in systems, rather than seeing only specific events in the system. Uses systems thinking as a means to getting to the root cause solutions and participate in the process.
- Organizational Agility – knows how to achieve objectives through formal and informal channels, understands the reasoning behind key policies, practices, procedures; understands and promotes organizational culture.
- As a member of the Leadership team, helps business leaders identify, prioritize and build organizational capabilities, behaviours, structures and processes while living and promoting the corporate culture.
- Facilitates Corporate initiatives aligned with the strategic culture and agenda.
- As Biobest Global and Biobest North America evolve at a very high pace, the HR Leader will normalize change as a defining component of the organization.
- Ensures that a strong employee engagement and performance culture permeates the organization.
- Assists leadership team in developing bench strength – i.e. succession planning, performance management, training, diversity, etc.
- Assists leadership team in developing high impact employee engagement strategies – i.e. communication, employee involvement, coaching, etc.
- Creates a learning environment – enables others through coaching and guiding development.
- Responsible for developing and leading the HR team.
- Hands-on management of baseline HR functions – payroll, policy, employee relations, compliance, staffing, etc.
- Stays abreast of progressive HR practices and key trends in both Canada and the US.
- Some travel required in North America and internationally.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, HR management, coaching and/or equivalent experience
- Graduate degree preferred
- Minimum 8 – 10 years progressive experience in Human Resources
- Exceptional verbal, written and presentation skills (English and Spanish is an asset)
- Labour and HR Generalist experience preferred (Canada and US exposure)
- Top notch organizational and time management skills
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills
Leamington, Ontario (relocation assistance available)
Who We Are
- We are passionate about contributing to sustainable agriculture
- We satisfy, service and delight our customers
- We support team member happiness and excellence
- We believe in the power of collaboration
- We continuously strive to improve everything we do