Coordinator, Human Resources
6 days left
- Designations Required/Preferred
- Title: Coordinator, Human Resources
- Reports to: Manager, Human Resources
- Location: Golf Canada Head Office
- Status: Full Time
- Ideal Start Date: June 1, 2021
- Administer Internship Program for Golf Canada.
- Work with hiring managers to assist with full-cycle recruitment of all internship positions.
- Assist other members of the HR team to facilitate full-time recruitment as required.
- Maintain recruitment records and communications for an excellent candidate experience.
- Oversee records of all job descriptions, job postings, and job boards.
- Conduct research and provide recommendations around equitable and inclusive recruitment practices to create more diverse applicant pools.
- Participate in recruitment programs (virtual/in-person) such as school career fairs, etc.
- Assist with orientation programs and onboarding of all new staff and volunteers.
- Ensure the flow of information during the onboarding process is accurate and efficient between other areas of the business (i.e. HR/Payroll, All Staff Communications, etc.).
- Assist with Canada Summer Jobs Grant (paperwork, submission, etc.).
Human Resources Information Systems:
- Uphold the integrity of the HR profession by handling all personnel information in a confidential and discreet manner at all times.
- Administer new employee information and existing employee files in ADP Workforce Now.
- Ensure timely review, sign-off, renewals, and record keeping of all required policies:
- the Employee Manual, Code of Ethics, Recognition of Harassment, Discrimination, and Violence; Staff and Volunteer Drug and Alcohol Policy, and other policies as required.
- Ensure timely completion of all required training for staff and volunteers:
- the Health and Safety Worker/Supervisor Training, AODA Compliance Training, D&I E-Learning Training, RESPECT in the Workplace Training, RESPECT Training for Activity Leaders, Cyber Security Training, First Aid Training, Fork Lift Training, and other training as required.
- Review and audit policies and procedures to ensure all elements are reflected in our day-to-day practices as required by our policies and any gaps that may exist.
- Assist with implementation of new training requirements under the new Safe Sport Policy.
- Track, administer and renew all staff and volunteer screening records as required:
- including E-PIC (Enhanced Police Information Checks), CRC (Criminal Record Checks), Vulnerable Sector Checks and Drivers Abstracts.
- Maintain all employee information in ADP Workforce Now for various reporting needs:
- Contract Renewal Dates, Benefit Enrollment Dates, Years of Service (YOS) Accruals, Vacation Schedule Changes (i.e. pro-rated, increases, etc.).
- Assist with bi-weekly journal entries for payroll reporting.
- Implement new modules and integrate current manual processes and workflows into electronic HRIS system.
- Co-Chair of the Social Committee
- Assist with other committee related work as required (i.e. Human Resources Committee, Diversity & Inclusion Alliance, Health and Safety Committee, etc.)
- Special assignments and projects as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, & ABILITIES:
- Post-secondary degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to network and build relationships effectively.
- Team player, able to work effectively with others on a diverse team.
- Strong attention to detail, time management, and the ability to self-motivate.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure in fast-paced environments.
- Working towards CHRP designation is considered an asset.
- Experience working with HRIS (Workforce Now) is considered an asset.
- Bilingual (English and French) is considered an asset.
- Golf knowledge or experience is not required.
- Golf Canada - Human Resources
- 1333 Dorval Drive, Suite 1
- Oakville, ON L6M 4X7
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit: www.golfcanada.ca
One (1) position available. Golf Canada will interview up to six (6) candidates. Forward cover letter and resume, by e-mail or mail only, NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE to the above contact by 11:59pm, April 21st, 2021. Golf Canada thanks all applicants but will contact only those who will be invited for an interview.
Golf Canada is committed to providing a safe environment for all, especially children. All applicants will be thoroughly screened using background checks and a review process.
Golf Canada is dedicated to employment equity and fostering diversity within the workplace in order to build an inclusive workforce where all employees have the opportunity to reach their potential.
Golf Canada’s core values are “Fun, Excellence, Inclusion, Respect, Accountability” and while these are included in each employee’s offer of employment and annual employment letters, these core values are also an integral part of the Golf Canada’s recruitment, hiring and annual review process.
Golf Canada is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources at 905-849-9700.