Talent Acquisition Specialist (Bilingual)
Darling International Canada Inc., is Canada’s largest provider of rendering and recycling services to the food industry, operating six processing facilities across Canada. Darling Canada provides essential services for the efficient and environmentally responsible management of collecting, processing and recycling edible and inedible animal by-products. Darling is committed to environmental sustainability, superior quality and excellent customer service.
Reporting to the Director, Human Resources, the Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for ensuring the full recruitment cycle and support of our Canadian facilities including sourcing qualified candidates, building a robust pipeline for current and future positions, and executing targeted sourcing strategies. This is a newly created role and an opportunity for developing the recruitment and attraction strategy from the ground up. This position requires a persistent self-starter who has a passion for recruiting and customer service and can truly own their duties.
POSITION TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop, lead and execute recruitment strategies to support our 7 Canadian facilities.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment including creating and posting jobs, shortlist candidates through pre-screening and setting up interviews with managers to fill roles.
- Review job descriptions and design interview questions that reflect each position’s requirements; Suggests proper channels for approaching the right caliber candidates.
- Administer company assessments when necessary.
- Lead, participate in and ensure a consistent brand for all recruitment efforts including social media, career fairs, job fairs and recruitment events.
- Finding new, innovating and creative ways to make Darling an appealing and desirable company to work for, especially outside of our immediate industry.
- Increasing employment/talent brand via social media channels, i.e. LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram.
- Have a deep knowledge of the hiring market, competition, industry and the local area and utilize this information to identify and attract pools of talent as well as advise and collaborate with management teams.
- Support and execute the design and implementation of consistent and leading edge acquisition programs, policies, and procedures.
- Act as the subject matter expert for our recruitment and onboarding process and various talent acquisition platforms/systems.
- Partner with regional HR team members to develop, maintain and execute short term and long term talent sourcing strategies for a variety of requisitions, from hourly to senior leadership level hires.
- Analyze talent acquisition metrics, prepare reporting and recommend process improvement.
- Other duties as assigned
- Post-secondary education with a certificate or degree in Human Resources or Business.
- Minimum 5-7 years of full recruitment life-cycle experience required, with an emphasis on Operations, Logistics, and Skilled trades.
- Bilingualism - English/French.
- Expert and resourceful in candidate sourcing, cold calling, social media networking and proactive relationship building skills.
- Broad knowledge of current and cutting edge recruitment trends and methodologies.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy, including strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and experience with Applicant Tracking tools.
- Good team player but able to work well independently and with minimal supervision.
- Flexible and accommodating and able to go above and beyond the basic expectations when required.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Absolute commitment to customer service.
Darling International Canada Inc. is committed to a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities where our facilities are located. We actively seek qualified individuals with demonstrated skill and knowledge to deal with all aspects of diversity in a manufacturing environment. Darling is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with provincial accessibility legislation. The Human Resources Contact responsible for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. This document is available in alternate format on request.