Vice President of Human Resources
Vice President of Human Resources
On behalf of our client:
Vision. Growth. Innovation.
These three core values are at the very heart of our company. It’s how our foundation was built more than 20 years ago and continues to be the building blocks of our success as one of the top international manufacturing companies headquartered in Canada.
The success of our company is a true reflection of the hard work and dedication put forward from the nearly 1,000 team members we employ across North America. In recent years, we’ve expanded our physical footprint by adding new facilities, expanded our customer reach and increase profitability by substantial margins.
With growth comes the need for evolution, and we are looking for a strategic visionary to design the road map for our personnel structures and processes. A hands-on leader, we’re looking for a Vice President of Human Resources (located at our Mississauga, ON location) to both design and build a holistic foundation that focuses on the correlation between our people, engagement, and productivity.
The Vice President of Human Resources with our company holds a very unique opportunity within the GTA market. Not only will you have the opportunity to oversee an international human resources team, but you will be the architect for the long-term vision of what that team strives to accomplish. As both the architect and the builder, you will transform your vision into reality – creating new processes, team structure and operational effectiveness for our company’s most valuable asset – our people.
An overview of the short-term and long-term goals of this opportunity include:
- Designing and building an overall HR strategic framework and vision
- Overhauling existing processes and policies to adapt to the company’s overall growth and expansion
- Lead and develop an international Human Resources team, providing learning opportunities and development plans for specialized skillsets
- Establish and implement talent management systems and processes for consistent and clear application across the operation
- Create a modernized Human Resources framework focusing on specialized areas including talent acquisition, recruitment, compensation analysis, payroll, policy development and performance management
- Strive for optimization and creativity in Human Resources operations – consistently look for opportunities to modify processes that aim to increase engagement and productivity, ultimately impacting the organization’s bottom line
- Act as a change agent, motivating others to buy-in to new processes and policies – this includes modifying your approach to change to adapt to various levels and cultures within the overall company structure
- Maintain a firm knowledge of both Canadian and American Labour Law, while taking an active role in Labour Relations and union negotiations
- Represent the voice of the internal and external talent pool at the operational leadership table
To meet your full potential as our new Vice President of Human Resources, you’ll need to bring a true visionary mindset but also the drive to be hands-on in seeing that vision take life. It is essential to be equipped with both skills to achieve your best results in this position.
As the ideal addition to our leadership team, you see the direct correlation between talent engagement and overall company profitability. You know that an engaged team is a productive team, and it is at the very core of growth and success for a manufacturing operation.
Some of the additional characteristics and qualifications that will aid in your success with us include:
- A background in the manufacturing or transportation industry, with experience working with team members from the shop floor to the top floor. Experience working within an international organization is considered an asset.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in Human Resources, 5 of which are at the Director or Executive level
- A proven track record as an architect and a builder – you’ve taken the full-cycle approach to creating a vision for Human Resources frameworks, and turning that vision into reality
- An expert at full-cycle talent management programs from recruitment to onboarding and offboarding best practices
- A true leader with the ability to motivate team members to accomplish long-term goals in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to modify your approach based on your audience
- Demonstrated experience in change management, with a strategic approach to gaining buy-in from internal and external stakeholders
- A relatable and approachable personality where any team member feels comfortable to raise concerns or questions, regardless of title
- Experience sitting at the operational table, with a keen understanding as to the important role Human Resources holds in driving overall profitability
To express interest in this opportunity, please apply here https://www.meridiarecruitment.ca/Career/14598. If you require accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please let us know.