Junior Talent Acquisition Specialist
Centurion Asset Management Inc. is one of Canada’s leading asset management companies specializing in real estate and other alternative asset classes. Centurion owns and operates more than 11,000 residential apartment units and student housing beds across 28 cities in Canada and the United States. We have over 100 unique sites that we look to hire for on a regular basis, including locations across Ontario, Quebec, Nova Scotia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, British Columbia, Manitoba, Georgia and Texas. Centurion’s investment solutions – Centurion Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust (“REIT”) and Centurion Financial Trust (“CFIT”) – offer investors diversified portfolios of rental apartments, mortgages, real estate developments, and debt instruments that deliver solid returns on their investments.
Centurion provides an inclusive environment where all employees are valued and supported. Over the years, we have developed a work culture where the potential of every employee is maximized and everyone has equal opportunities for growth. We know that it is challenging to make all employees feel connected especially when they are located at different site offices across Canada. Centurion has significantly strengthened corporate culture and improved employee morale by implementing programs designed to enhance company-wide communication, socialization, and transparency.
Reporting into the Associate Vice President of Human Capital, the Junior Talent Acquisition Specialist is responsible for supporting the full cycle recruitment efforts for Centurion Asset Management and Centurion Property Associates on a national level. The Junior Talent Acquisition Specialist will work closely with the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist to implement innovative recruitment techniques to ensure that Centurion is able to secure top talent for key roles across both Canada and the United States in a timely manner.
- Conduct regular market analysis to determine the most suitable channels to attract and recruit top talent for hard-to-fill roles and locations;
- Post vacant roles through our Applicant Tracking System, as well as on other applicable third-party job boards and advertising mediums;
- Review all resumes and employment applications for suitability and fit;
- Monitor job boards ensuring our postings are refreshed weekly and appear at the top of the candidate search page;
- Conduct initial phone screens with qualified candidates and provide recommendations to the Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist on which candidates should continue through the recruitment process;
- Coordinate in-person and virtual interviews, ensuring availability of key stakeholders;
- Build and maintain talent pipelines for active and passive candidates, specifically for key roles that are critical to successful business operations;
- Identify and develop meaningful business relationships with community partners, including Universities, Colleges, Trade Schools and Industry Specific Associations to establish a pipeline of future talent;
- Coordinate with our marketing team to develop recruitment campaigns in an effort to help increase brand awareness and ensure that Centurion is recognized as an Employer of choice;
- Assist with the coordination of the candidate due diligence process as required, based on the needs of the business;
- Stay current with latest hiring trends and strategies, offering innovative and creative ways to attract key talent so as to ensure that Centurion is an early adopter of new recruitment technologies and marketing efforts;
- Meet expectations regarding time-to-fill and other critical performance metrics; and
- Work closely with the Associate Vice President of Human Capital to complete other special projects as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- University degree or College diploma in Human Resources;
- Experience working within a professional corporate setting considered an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong ability to multi-task, being comfortable supporting the recruitment efforts for an average of 10 - 15 open roles at a time;
- Must be highly motivated and a self-starter, possessing the ability to manage competing tasks/deadlines with little oversight;
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to recognize errors and correct future behaviours, taking full accountability for one’s own work product;
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and oral communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with candidates across all skillsets and job responsibilities;
- Strong follow-up skills with the ability to identify creative solutions and independently resolve issues;
- Strict commitment to discretion and confidentiality; and
- Currently working towards the Certified Human Resources Professional designation considered an asset.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Centurion however, due to the volume of applicants we receive, only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Centurion Asset Management Inc. | Centurion Property Associates Inc. is an inclusive and equal opportunity Employer. If you require a disability-related accommodation to participate in the recruitment process, please email us.