Human Resource Generalist
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for recruitment; maintaining and updating benefit, and build a HRIS databases; maintaining employee files; and biweekly payroll processing.
- Administration of biweekly payroll functions, including reviewing, processing and submission of payroll within deadline.
- Responsible for supporting Managers in the onboarding process employee(Team Members) that sign on,
- Responsible for employee reward and recognition program.
- Help support and develop orientation for new Team Members.
- Oversee records management with regard to all personnel related documentation.
- Maintain applicable databases, keeping records accurate and updated.
- Facilitate for Head Office the full cycle recruitment including shortlisting, interview coordination/set up and participation, referencing, and recommendation.
- Assist with benefit and pension administration
- Assist with labour relations.
- Assist in the resolution of employment related matters concerns.
- Assists with disability management (WSIB, STD, LTD, etc) and the Return to Work Program for employees with work related accidents and illnesses and for employees absent due to non-work related accidents and illnesses.
- Ensure compliance with the following: Ministry of Transportation for driver’s abstract inquiries, Service Canada for reporting new employees and record ROE preparation and submission, Vulnerable Sector screening administration.
- Provide support for other administrative HR functions.
- Coordinating employee events.
- Adheres to all policies and procedures and aid in the educating of employees on the importance of following policy promoting a healthy work environment.
- Continuous education to be current with appropriate regulations/legislation
- Performs other duties as assigned.