HR Business Partner - Retail (Ottawa/Belleville) 16 month contract
- Responsible to advise and support the Director of Operations and Store Managers on matters related to employee/labor relations and the HR functions for our Ottawa / Kingston / Belleville territories
- Accountable for the consistent deployment of HR tools, systems, processes, policies and procedures and leadership development curriculum
- Provide professional advice to Operations Management in relation to collective agreement administration, employment law, labor law, human rights matters, and any other issues which require conflict resolution
- Provide a strong voice within Retail operations as the advocate for HR requirements and employee considerations
- Work with Labour Relations in collective agreement negotiations and on the administration of collective agreements (as applicable)
- Partner with the Store Manager to investigate and address employee issues while ensuring consistency in progressive discipline and investigations
- Ensure that we have consistently high levels of Management/Employee communications throughout our locations
- Drive the creation and maintenance of a positive work environment between Operations Leadership, Store Management and all front line employees
- Proactively works with operations management to ensure that company policy, procedures and, where they exist, collective agreements are administered appropriately
- Makes recommendations on unique issues not covered by current policies/ procedure and proposes policy changes
- Coach managers through the progressive discipline and termination process
- Liaise with security and legal counsel as required
- Work with the recruitment team(s) to coordinate external recruitment plans (new stores/job fairs)
- Coordinate employee position changes and store openings/closings/conversions
- Lead the development and execution of an integrated workforce plan, succession plan and overall talent development plan to create a talent pipeline which supports operational requirements on an ongoing basis
- Assists with WCB, STD, LTD, LOA and RTW procedures
- Coach franchisees to enhance HR capabilities
- Ability to travel including overnight will be required within Ottawa / Kingston / Belleville areas
- Strong negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Effectively create and manage workforce plans
- Conduct investigations and take corrective action
- Ability to coach, advise and partner effectively with Operations Leadership
- Excellent technical HR skills and understanding of employment, Human Rights and Labour laws
- Understanding of the principles of adult learning, engagement and facilitation of training sessions.
- 5+ years HR Generalist experience or equivalent
- Degree, diploma or certification in Human Resources or associated field or equivalent work experience
- Undergraduate degree preferred
- Retail experience preferred
Sobeys is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process and will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of this process.
While all responses are appreciated only those being considered for interviews will be acknowledged.