Human Resources Business Partner
Human Resources Business Partner – York Region
Our client is a Canadian publicly traded manufacturer with over $2+ billion in sales having posted record sales in 2020. The company is in a strong financial position and is considered an essential services company. Their Head Office is in Montreal.
We are looking for a dynamic Human Resources Business Partner for their plant operations in the York region. As a newly created position reporting to the Senior Director, Human Resources – Canada, you will need to practically build up the HR role and “make it your own”. The real challenge of this position will be to prioritize and stay on top of the plants because they all have different issues. You will work closely with the Vice President, Operations and the Plant Managers. The York region has approximately 230 employees.
The chosen candidate will be an HR Generalist who ideally has gained experience in a plant setting in a manufacturing environment. He/she will be experienced in all the HR competencies including knowledge of Ontario labour laws; recruitment; training and development; employee relations; performance; investigations; compensation; benefits; and payroll with both hourly and staff employees. You should also have some knowledge of contract negotiations and be able to have difficult conversations when necessary.
- Partners with plant and regional management teams and identifies processes to align HR policies, procedures, and programs with company goals, objectives, and operating principles.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting HR functions within the territory and ensures policies, procedure, and reporting are compliant.
- Communicates the company’s policy, philosophy and provides guidance on HR related matters in accordance with applicable legislations and internal policies and processes.
- Monitors the pulse of each facility to drive an inclusive, engaged high-performing culture within each plant and office.
- Develops and implements solutions for improvements within the core competencies of HR.
- Partners with managers in resolving employee relations issues and conducts employee investigations as appropriate.
- Lead organizational design discussions and support leaders in organizational structure evaluation including talent assessments and gaps; employee development, redeployment and re-organization.
- Evaluate and manage the current compensation structure (hourly and staff) and make recommendations to improve market competitiveness. Manage existing corporate driven compensation and benefit programs as required.
- Identify, develop, and/or implement training programs for managers and employees.
- Recruit for assigned client groups including operational and administrative positions.
- Ensures compliance with AODA, Pay Equity programs.
- Maintains HR metrics to be utilized in strategic planning and effectiveness of HR related programs and processes.
- Maintains working relationship with management, union officials, employees and H&S advisor.
- Maintains employee records, reports, and assists with updating organizational charts and job descriptions.
- Certificate in Human Resources or Bachelor’s in Human Resources
- CHRP designation in good standing
- 5 to 10 years of experience
- Knowledge of Ontario employment laws
- Familiar with collective agreements
- Pro-active and able to identify and resolve issues
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Sound judgement, discretion and ability to establish trust and credibility
- Respects and adheres to ethical principles regarding data protection and confidentiality
- Excellent attention to accurac
COVID 19: My client has implemented a comprehensive business continuity plan allowing the plants to remain operational. They have put in place rigorous health, hygiene and sanitation protocols.
This company is growing with an excellent leadership in place. Please forward your CVs to Karen Hanna at email@example.com using Reference #21501.
Established in 1994, KAREN HANNA EXECUTIVE SEARCH is a retained executive search firm with a client base which includes some of Canada's top 500 companies and regional businesses. We earned a reputation by delivering results with the highest level of integrity, professionalism, and consistency. Our website is currently being revamped and not available.
More searches like this
- Construction Industries Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Manufacturing Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Pharmaceutical Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Primary Resources (e.g. Mining, Forestry) Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario
- Transportation (e.g. Air, Rail, Trucking) Generalist Generalist, Specialist, Business Partner, Consultant, Recruiter, Interviewer jobs in Ontario