Director, Human Resources
We listen, we research, we design, and we deliver!
Are you interested in joining a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative team with strong leadership? Are you passionate about providing customer-focused solutions?
WHY JOIN US?
As the largest privately owned candle manufacturer in Canada, Premier Candle Corporation has built a company culture fueled by customer focus, innovation, and a strong bias for action. We are a growing company with a diverse and committed team who are passionate about the success of our customers and our company.
Reporting to the CEO, this role will lead the Human Resources function and partner with both hourly and salaried manufacturing employees, applying business knowledge and human resources expertise. This role has 5 direct and indirect reports including: Manager, Talent Acquisition, Manager, Human Resources, Human Resources Business Partner and HR Coordinator.
The successful candidate will play a key role in the growth and development of our organization and employees by facilitating collaborative relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders. The successful candidate will have experience in employee relations, talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management and total rewards in a manufacturing environment.
1. Lead the design of Human Resources strategies and mobilize the team to implement business aligned human resources strategies that drive business results and promote high performance organizational culture.
2. Analyze trends and establish metrics in partnership with the Human Resources team to develop programs, policies and procedures to address the organization’s human resources requirements.
3. Advise managers and employees on the interpretation of human resources policies and processes.
4. Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
1. Build trusted relationships with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
2. Prevent, mediate, and resolve complex employee relations issues.
3. Interpret and apply employment policies and employment legislation such as the Employment Standards Act and the Human Rights Code.
4. Conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations pertaining to violence, harassment and/or discrimination.
1. Review, redesign, and establish key talent management processes and programs, i.e. talent acquisition; onboarding; learning and development; performance management; succession management.
2. Provide guidance on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning for internal client groups.
Learning and Development
1. Identify learning and development opportunities for business units.
2. Partner across the organization to continue to develop our employees through on the job training and learning and development initiatives.
1. Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to operations, quality, research and development, planning, finance, and marketing teams (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
2. Educate and coach employees and managers on performance management processes, including establishing effective performance objectives and KPI’s.
You have a University Degree specializing in Human Resources or Organization Effectiveness. CHRL designation is preferred.
· 5 plus years experience in manufacturing
· 5 years experience in a Human Resources Leader
· Working knowledge of Canadian employment legislation
· Experience utilizing an HRIS system, i.e. Workday, Ceridian, SAP, BambooHR
· Experience in team facilitation, coaching and/or change management
· Microsoft Office Suite – Level 2 – Intermediate
You have the ability to manage key performance indicators and maintain a high degree of professionalism and ethics. You have the ability to work in a cross-functional environment, transform organizations and drive cultural change. You have the ability follow health and safety training, including implementing measures put forth by the Government of Canada regarding COVID-19 precautions. This role requires you to walk and sit for extended periods of time, working on computers and other office equipment.
· Business Acumen
· Communication and Interpersonal Savvy
· Conflict Management
· Drive for Results
· Integrity and Trust
· Problem Solving
WHAT WE OFFER
1. Competitive Salary
2. Health Benefits
3. Extended Health Care
4. Dental Care
Premier Candle Corporation is an equal opportunity employer that strives to attract, develop, and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve. We aim to foster an inclusive work environment and remain committed to fair attraction, development, retention, and advancement practices.
This role operates in a production environment, employees are exposed to shop elements such as noise, dust, fumes, and fragrances.