General Manager, Human Resources
Weins Canada Inc. (www.weinscanada.com) is a premier automotive retail group operating 14 retail stores with over 1300 associates proudly representing 9 brands. Established in 1973, we are a leader in the industry with a strong focus on employee satisfaction, customer satisfaction, and continuous improvement. We believe our employees are the reason for our success and the strength in our future.
Weins’ dealerships include:
- Don Valley North Toyota
- Don Valley North Lexus
- Markville Toyota
- Lexus of Richmond Hill
- Don Valley North Hyundai
- Genesis Markham
- Oakville Volkswagen
- Audi Oakville
- Mercedes-Benz Barrie
- Barrie Subaru
- Mississauga Honda
- Parkway Honda
- Whitby Subaru
- Brampton Auto Mart
General Manager, Human Resources - Position Overview
- Contribute to the strategic planning process for the business and create HR programs that will help shape culture, improve the organization’s performance and optimize current and future talent
- Direct and provide effective HR strategy and make critical and value-added strategic contributions to our team in HR and operations
- Lead the HR strategic planning process, recommend and develop proactive HR policies, procedures and systems to support the corporate business plan.
A Proactive Leader:
- Provide leadership and guidance to the Human Resources team.
- Provide direction, communicate the corporate vision, mission, values and set performance expectations
- Play an active role in the leadership team and provide guidance on the human resources function to promote new thinking and innovative solutions.
- Be a hands-on and visible leader in the organization with responsibility for HR Strategy and Business execution.
- Monitor employee satisfaction and proactively address issues that threaten productivity and/or morale.
A Collaborative Partner:
- Act as a trusted advisor and confidante to the senior management team.
- Work with the executives and senior leadership teams to continually align human resources programs to support the company’s business strategy.
- Provide organizational, strategic, and operational contributions to our future success by becoming a collaborative partner with our executive team, managers and employees.
A Relationship Builder:
- Develop and maintain strong employee relations with associates in all of the Weins facilities.
- Develop, implement and ensure effective operations of innovative HR systems that retain, attract, develop, reward and motivate employees.
- Develop and implement changes that improve business effectiveness by employing best practices to improve productivity while maintaining morale. This includes experience with benchmarking and tracking industry trends.
- Create and execute effective training and professional development programs to ensure that management and employees possess the requisite skills to achieve the performance and operational objectives of the organization.
- Facilitate and ensure consistent application of policies, procedures, legislation, etc.
- Lead and manage various change initiatives
- Stay current in employee relations, health and safety and leadership through participation in industry associations, industry connections and a strong network.
- Competitive pay structure at Executive level along with a comprehensive benefits plan (with options to suit your needs)
- Use of a company vehicle or car allowance
- Additional employee benefits (Group RRSP plan, vehicle purchase program, educational assistance programs, etc.)
- Tools for success that include: ongoing training and management support
- Vehicle Purchase Program/Demonstrators
- Parts & Service Discounts and much more
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Postsecondary degree preferably in Business and/or Human Resources Management.
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) or Certified Human Resources Executive (CHRE) designation
- A minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience in a leadership/executive role
- Proven track record of leadership and progressive HR experience including ongoing personal development and a strong commitment to the HR profession
- Extensive knowledge of all relevant Employment Legislation (including Employment Standards Act, AODA, Human Rights Code, etc.)
- Ability to be successful in a complex, quickly evolving and rapid-paced organization.
- Good knowledge of computer systems applications relevant to the field of HR.
How to Apply:
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity, please forward your resume to: email@example.com
Accommodations will be provided during all parts of our recruitment process as required under AODA. Please advise us in advance should you require accommodation.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. All applications will be held in confidence.
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent