Director, Human Resources
The Director of Human Resources will provide oversight across all functional areas of HR for the Agency.
As a member of the senior management team, responsibilities include :
- recruitment and selection
- health and safety
- labour relations
- pension & benefits
• Pragmatism, approachability, and good judgment.
• Strong relationship building abilities and influencing skills in conjunction with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to approach employee relationships in a sensitive, tactful, diplomatic, and confidential manner.
• Self-motivated and self-directed, with a high level of autonomy.
• Technically savvy and pursues opportunities to expand technical capabilities.
• Ability to exercise leadership, teambuilding, and manage growth with a diversified professional team.
• Skilled in working collaboratively with managers, Unions, fostering engagement and motivation, and problem-solving.
• Experience in the development of strategic directions.
• Skilled at the interpretation of government directives, legislation and legislative changes relating to Human Resources and the ability to ensure compliance with same.
• Experience with labour relations.
Essential Minimum Qualifications:
- Education: A Master’s degree in a field related to Human Resources (industrial relations, human resources, labor/HR law, management) is preferred, or an equivalent combination of education and experience with at minimum a Bachelor’s degree in a field as noted above. Successful, advanced academic and professional training is preferred.
- Experience: A minimum of seven to ten years of progressive Human Resources generalist experience, ideally in a not-for-profit, unionized environment. A minimum of 5 years of experience in a management position. CHRP, CHRL or CHRE certification is considered an asset. Certified coach accreditation is also an asset. Experience in a unionized work environment is essential. Experience with organizational change, systems development and best practice services is ideal.
- Language: Bilingual essential (French/English).
- Vehicle: A Valid Class G Driver’s License and Means of Transportation are required for this position.