Senior Human Resources Generalist - Contract
Kitchener (12 -month term)
Mississauga (22-month term)
The Senior Human Resources Generalist is the key resource for human resources policy implementation and operations administration support to the assigned business units. The Senior Human Resources Generalist establishes ‘high-functioning’ partnerships with an assigned set of business groups and its senior leaders and managers to develop and execute on business unit and cross functional strategies that aligns with GFL’s business vision and objectives. In a Generalist capacity, you will undertake a strategic role and will manage the delivery of services in employee relations, labour relations and workforce planning that will enable the establishing of ‘gold standard’ people best practices.
- Act as an ambassador for operational excellence by overseeing day to day HR functions and programs, employee relations and performance management for assigned business units.
- Execute human resources tactics, including recordkeeping, employee job change, employee and labour relations, new hire orientations, terminations, exit interviews, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements.
- Oversee labour relations programs, policies and procedures, establishing and maintaining collaborative labour – management relations.
- Develop sound relationships with leadership to understand business needs and deliver effective and efficient HR services.
- Partner with leadership and recruitment team to understand unique recruitment needs while ensuring delivery of high-quality talent on time and on budget.
- Complete reports and information requests accurately and in timely manner.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively & work collaboratively at all levels of the organization and within teams
- Perform other duties as required.
- 3 to 5 years of progressive experience in a human resources advisory role
- Strong knowledge and experience of current Canadian labor laws, Human Rights and Employment Standards
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- Proficiency with MS Office programs including but not limited to Word, Excel and Outlook
- Experience with HRIS (preferably Workday)
- A valid G driver’s license, access to a vehicle and the ability to travel to various office locations
- University or College education
- HR Certification is an asset