Human Resources Generalist
Bethesda, long considered to be a leader within the Developmental Services sector in Ontario, offers a work environment that is supportive and team based. Within the last year our Human Resources team has been nominated and won numerous Human Resources related awards; if you are a Human Resources professional who is looking for a career with an organization that offers a competitive salary, industry leading benefit plan and defined benefit pension plan (HOOPP) this is the position for you. You will report to the Director, Human Resources and work closely with the Manager, Human Resources and the Human Resources team.
This position will truly be a generalist role with involvement in almost all facets of human resources, including but not limited to providing professional, results orientated human resources consultation in areas such as employee & labour relations, recruitment and staffing, disability management, health and safety, and organizational planning.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Providing advice to all organizational levels on matters related to the interpretation of Collective Agreements, internal policies and application legislation
- Participate in the Joint Health and Safety Committee, Health and Safety Excellence program, and other health and safety related tasks
- Be the organizational lead for the internal Human Resources Information Systems, Training and Development program, and Performance Management system
- Provide guidance to management and staff on disability matters including the early intervention and return to work process (for WSIB, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability claims)
- Relate closely with the payroll function to ensure efficient and timely payroll processing
- Prepare and analyze various Human Resources metric related reports such as staff turnover, performance management etc.
- Assists with the recruitment and selection process and ensures consistent application of procedures
- Coordinate and conduct on-boarding of new employees
- Ensures all Human Resources documents meets Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services directives for Quality Assurance Measures