- Designations Required/Preferred
Moffatt & Powell RONA is seeking an HR Administrator!
Why join the Moffatt & Powell team?
Moffatt & Powell is a proudly Canadian company with a rich history spanning over 60 years. We are a leader in the building material supply and retail industries. At Moffatt & Powell, it’s not just a job, it’s a career.
Here are some of the reasons why being employed with Moffatt & Powell may be your best career move:
- You will have a job where you can be part of change and really make an impact!
- You will have the ability to work with great people who are passionate about our industry.
- You will work for an established company that actually believes in its values and does their best to live them out!
The Human Resources Administrator provides administrative and clerical support to the Human Resources Department. The incumbent facilitates the effective functioning of processes within the department, including:
HR Administrative Duties
- Foster a productive and positive work environment where employees feel valued, challenged and rewarded for their work
- Prepare formal communications, policies and procedures for HR management review and distribute as necessary
- Work collaboratively with the HR Team to review and improve current HR processes
- Set up and Manage employee records using HRIS/ Ceridian Dayforce while ensuring confidentiality
- Respond to basic internal and external HR related inquiries from employees, managers, supervisors, and other parties.
- Fax, photocopy and scan documents as required.
- Assist with research and compliance initiatives regarding Human Resources issues.
- Provide guidance and education in areas such as our company policies, ESA, AODA, OHSA etc.
- Serve as support and backup for payroll functions
- Perform other duties, projects and initiatives as assigned by management
Recruitment & Selection, Onboarding and Training
- Work with managers and supervisors to identify staffing levels and training requirements
- Administer the internal and external job posting processes in accordance with policies
- Screen resumes, conduct pre-screen interviews and check references when required
- Prepares offer letters for internal and external positions using established templates
- Setup and maintain the Recruitment and Onboarding module in Ceridian Dayforce
- Manage Applicant Tracking and Onboarding Tracking through Ceridian Dayforce
- Work closely with Payroll ensuring all new employee paperwork are accurate
- Assign and manage employee training in collaboration with Store Managers and Operations
Health & Safety
- Complete basic WSIB paperwork for Managers
- Work collaboratively with the Joint Health & Safety Committee to support concerns that come forward in meetings
- Visit branches and walk with Store JHSC Rep, and audit Health & Safety boards to ensure compliance
- Maintain health & safety branch training tracker and work alongside Managers to book new and/or refresher training related to H&S (first-aid, working at heights, etc.)
- Support Managers and HR Generalist with return to work plans and coordinate and accurately track accommodations
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in Human Resources or a related field
- CHRP designation or actively working towards the Designation
- 1-3 years of experience in a Human Resources position
- HRIS/ Ceridian Dayforce an asset
- Payroll experience an asset
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic and positive team attitude
- Excellent written and verbal skills and comprehension
- Excellent time management skills
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritization, and execution skills
- Excellent teamwork and team building skills
Sanitizing is done throughout head office, stores, yards and machines and we are practicing physical distancing. All customers and employees are required to wear a mask in head office and within the stores/yard areas.
WANT TO SHARE IN OUR SUCCESS & BE PART OF OUR FUTURE? APPLY TODAY!
Moffatt & Powell RONA is committed to an inclusive and barrier-free workplace. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.