HR - People Business Partner
This bilingual position is based out of Kingston, ON and supports employees in the Montreal, QC facility therefore some travel is required.
Reporting to the Lead People Business Partner, this position is responsible for coordinating, facilitating and executing assigned activities in the area of recruitment, employee relations and employee programs for the Kingston and Montreal Distribution teams. This position provides high touch support and guidance to the Distribution leadership team and hourly employees.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Ensures quality / quantities of staffing levels by effectively executing full cycle recruitment and selection process and strategies for Kingston and Montreal
- Coaches and counsel’s business partners on recruitment needs for specific client groups as identified.
- Conducts internal investigations as required.
- Provides accurate interpretation and ensures compliance with Human Resource policies and procedures.
- Facilitate orientation and training sessions
- Works with Disability Management and Safety Specialist to manage work related claims for specific business partners.
- Provides ongoing assistance and support to the Distribution Human Resources department.
- Responsible to create and roll out consistent communication regarding company initiatives to all employees and supervisors
- Conducts administrative tasks such as file and record management, data collection and reporting of results
- Bilingual with strong written and oral communication skills in both English and French
- 1-3 years HR Generalist working experience is required
- Previous experience with recruitment and employee relations for a Distribution or Manufacturing group
- Strong understanding of employment standards across Canada.
- University degree and/or college diploma in Business/Human Resources.
- Strong communications, organizational, planning and interpersonal skills.
- Flexibility to work morning or afternoon shift based on business needs