Strategic Talent Advisor
WSP is one of the world's leading professional services firms. Our purpose is to future proof our cities and environments.
We have over 48,000 team members across the globe. In Canada, our 8,000+ people are involved in everything from environmental remediation to urban planning, from engineering iconic buildings to designing sustainable transportation networks, from finding new ways to extract essential resources to developing renewable power sources for the future.
The excellence we bring to our work and to our workplace has been recognized far and wide. We are among the LinkedIn Top 25 Companies two years in a row, one of the Top 100 Sustainable Companies in the World (and among the Top 10 in Canada), and we earned Platinum Elite Recognition through our participation in more than half of Canada's Top 100 Infrastructure Projects.
At WSP :
- We value our people and our reputation
- We are locally dedicated with international scale
- We are future focused and challenge the status quo
- We foster collaboration in everything we do
- We have an empowering culture and hold ourselves accountable
MONTREAL, OR ANY MAJOR LOCATION IN CANADA A day in the life:
As a Strategic Talent Advisor, you will be responsible to partner and build strong relationships, in partnership with your Strategic Talent Leader, with the designated National Business Line or Corporate Services Executive and their direct reports by providing executive coaching while proactively supporting the strategic agenda of the business through leveraging the overall talent strategy. Note that although you will be aligned to a designated NBL/Corporate Executive, there will be times where due to workload, projects or other pressing needs where you may need to swing and support other areas of the broader WSP business. These swings will be managed by a designated Strategic Talent Leader who may not be your immediate leader.
You will demonstrate an in-depth understanding of WSP’s operations and partner with the senior leadership team to achieve financial targets and business strategy, all while integrating the talent strategy, including supporting our broader redeployment strategy, to drive a high-performance and thriving diverse culture.
You will provide insight and expertise to the senior leaders surrounding major change initiatives in the business as it relates to organizational changes, including re-alignments to meet business needs while considering impacts on the business and employees.
You’ll review and analyze People & Culture KPIs, trends and issues to provide insights and recommendations to the senior leadership team and define actions, with the goal of increasing overall engagement, culture and diversity.
You will create strong and effective partnerships with internal People & Culture functions, such as the broader Strategic Talent Leader Team, Employee Experience Team and the Centers of Excellence to provide best in class service to the business while ensuring all People & Culture practices and programs are embedded in the business. You will also build relationships with your broader Corporate Services teams within WSP to continue to develop and foster collaboration across the business.
You will manage the collective reputation of the entire People & Culture team by being an ambassador of the People & Culture programs and by supporting the implementation of COE programs, as well as defining and delivering People & Culture solutions to business challenges, and enable execution.
You will develop a broad understanding of all WSP People & Culture programs and will be responsible to ensure the understanding, buy-in and application of all People & Culture initiatives within your designated business line. Some of these programs include;
- Succession Planning: You will assist our Strategic Talent Leaders in the succession planning process by facilitating the discussion surrounding the identification of emerging diverse talent. In addition to this, you will support the employee experience team in ensuing our top talent have the appropriate development plans to thrive and grow within our organization.
- Critical Role Identification and Planning: You will assist our Strategic Talent Leaders and their designated client group in identifying critical roles required in the present and for the future. You will ensure your client groups are utilizing our People and Culture programs in order to provide our employees with the development required to meet the needs of the role or by supporting our Talent Acquisition Team with the external search, where internal talent does not currently exist.
- Performance Management: You will assist our Strategic Talent Leaders and their designated client groups by providing coaching and advice on our performance management program in order to foster and enable a high performance and highly engaging diverse culture.
- Total Compensation: With the assistance of our compensation team and your Strategic Talent Leader, you will provide guidance and advice on WSP’s overall compensation programs while ensuring pay equity amongst our employees.
- Engagement: With the assistance of our Engagement & Enablement Team and your Strategic Talent Leader, you will analyze data from different sources such as, engagement surveys, exit surveys, exit reports etc. in order to provide sound advice on key actions required to increase engagement within your designated clients groups by using existing People & Culture programs and tools to ensure a consistent WSP experience.
- Talent Development & Management: With the assistance of our engagement and enablement team and your Strategic Talent Leader, you will provide guidance and advice on WSP’s talent development programs to foster a continuous learning and development culture. This includes supporting the broader redeployment strategy of the business.
Key Competencies for this role include
- Strategic-thinking, able to identify solutions and associated impacts across the organization;
- Sound judgment, business insights and can make a contribution to the business as a whole;
- Ability to proactively identify potential issues and/or areas of opportunity within the business and work to action these findings;
- Has strong business and financial acumen;
- Ability to effectively collaborate within the People & Culture team
- Demonstrated ability to consult, influence and partner with senior leaders in developing/executing people strategies to drive business performance;
- Well-developed team-building and influencing skills, unquestioned integrity, and the experience, confidence, and stature to effectively address sensitive People & Culture issues;
- Capability, energy, experience, presence and accountability outlook to quickly establish and maintain the People & Culture team’s credibility coupled with the ability to influence management, resolve conflicts with experience supporting senior leaders nationally in a matrix organization;
- Informal roll up your sleeves and get it done leadership style that is people-centric, effective and marked by a high level of energy;
- Financial modeling and insight as it relates to compensation and budget review for all labour requirements in your identified group
- 7+ years’ experience in a strategic/client facing HR role, preferably in a large, matrix organization