People & Culture Administrator (1yr contract position)
Position Overview: This position is responsible for supporting the People & Culture function for the Chatham plant in the areas of employee time entry, training, onboarding of new employees, supporting policy compliance, and general People & Culture administrative duties.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Comply with all Company health and safety, environmental, and quality policies and regulatory requirements
- Act as the main resource for Dayforce HRIS program for the Chatham plant. Review electronic timesheets for accuracy, and input on-call and statutory holiday pay. Responsible for reviewing employee time away entitlements and work schedules, and address any issues with department managers and payroll team
- Track absenteeism by department and prepare monthly summaries
- Oversee site training programs through Greenfield University by acting as a resource to train new users and create training profiles and programs as necessary. Responsible for recordkeeping of training documentation to ensure accurate and current training records are maintained. Act as a site representative for customer and regulatory auditors for training reviews
- Responsible for supporting the Process Operator Training Program by ordering and distributing course material to employees, record test results, and monitor overall progress throughout the training program
- Responsible for the recruitment, onboarding, and administrative duties of the summer student program.
- Responsible for completing the excess and averaging weekly hours of work annual applications and collecting signed employee agreements
- Manage the Years of Service Recognition Program
- Support the onboarding program for all new hires. Responsibilities include training new employees on the use of Dayforce (HRIS/time entry program), Greenfield University (employee training program), MyGreenfield (intranet), and Concur (expense reimbursement). Issue uniform and outerwear to new hires. Assign keyfob, lockers, mailslot, business cards (if applicable), and update security board and employee emergency list
- Support recruitment and onboarding initiatives, and employee performance management systems
- Support communication and compliance to department managers and employees in relation to People & Culture policies and practices. Maintain digital signage for site communications
- Support small People & Culture projects for the site and business unit as requested
- Assist with financial reporting for People & Culture expenses using Maximo
- Responsible for maintaining a high standard of housekeeping and advocating 5S opportunities within the facility
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives
- Other duties and responsibilities aligned to business objectives and in support of our core principles.
Skills, Education and Qualifications:
- Individual must have high regard for confidentiality and ability to communicate with sensitive information
- Strong organizational skills paired with an ability to manage multiple priorities with competing demands
- Resourceful and practical with demonstrated problem solving and decision-making capabilities
- Formal post-secondary diploma in the area of Human Resources administration would be an asset.
- Demonstrate commitment to safety, environmental practices, production targets, and quality standards
- Team-oriented individual with strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate across departments
- Dedicated to business objectives and continuous improvement through adaptability, innovation, and agility
- Self-motivated and forward-thinking individual who is able to self-direct workload and priorities, and acts to create efficiencies and resolve issues within their scope of responsibility
- Possess Company values of Honesty, Integrity, Respect and Commitment coupled with the ability to accept and drive change.