Human Resources Business Partner
Cardinal Meats Specialists Ltd. is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to be based at our Brampton office.
If you have a minimum of 5 years’ Human Resources experience in a manufacturing setting, and an innate ability to instill a sense of urgency and drive problems towards resolution in all areas of HR through strong teamwork and Servant Leadership, we invite you to join our team.
Cardinal Meat Specialists is a family-owned business that has been operating for more than 50 years, specializing in ground and fully cooked meat products. Tenets of innovation and partnership with customers, have led to numerous firsts in the meat industry in the areas of food safety, forming and technology design in the North American market.
Our focus on quality products and service has been recognized by Canada's premier restaurants, grocery and retail chains, and independent operators. Cardinal Meats is truly dedicated to providing a positive and rewarding work environment for its employees with training, recognition, and special events.
OUR CORE VALUES
Passion [Love what you do]
Dedication [When the going gets tough, the tough keep going]
Accountability [Own involvement in solutions]
Dreams & Goals [Work towards your dreams]
Honesty & Integrity [Always do what is right]
The role of HR Business Partner will facilitate the implementation of effective human resources practices to foster and maintain a productive, diverse and engaged workforce. Using a “hands-on” approach, the incumbent will support the company’s activities to achieve the required operational results through effective management and execution of HR policies and programs. This position reports to the Senior Director-Human Resources.
- Live our Core Values
- Be the frontline contact for all employee relations inquiries – be responsive and provide practical advice, guidance and assistance to employees, supervisors and managers
- Drive employee engagement, employee recognition and other HR initiatives to foster and maintain Cardinal’s mandate of being Employer of Choice by our employees
- Assist in promoting and ensuring all communication channels for continuous dialogue among employees, supervisors, management (Open Door Policy)
- Be the point person for all recruitment activity and the main lead with our Recruiting Partner; provide Onboarding support by partnering with hiring managers to effectively onboard new hires
- Maintain key HR Metrics and prepare quarterly reports for the Leadership Team
- Lead investigations related to employee issues, including corrective action and discipline, if necessary
- Effective and efficient Disability case management, including employee Return to Work process
- Take a lead role to champion and execute HR projects and initiatives, as assigned
- Demonstrate Servant Leadership by having a mindset of helping and enabling the success of others
- Participate in all HR related meetings, including Joint Health & Safety meetings, WHY meetings, etc.)
- Act within the company philosophy.
- Post secondary HR certification; CHRP/CHRL designation preferred
- At least 5 years HR generalist experience in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated understanding of general human resources practices, policies and procedures
- Demonstrated initiative and follow-up skills
- Experience with HRIS systems, preferably ADP’s WorkForce Now
- Demonstrated knowledge of employment legislation, Occupational Health & Safety Act, regulations and compliance
- WSIB Claims Management experience
- Must be willing to travel between the Brampton and Mississauga plant locations
- Strong leadership skills to influence, mediate conflict and coach key stakeholders
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Openness to periodically adjust work hours as needed, sometimes with short notice based on multi-shift operations
- Ability to interact with all levels - co-workers, management and external contacts
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Must be able to be exposed to all species of meat protein
- Multilingualism is an asset (Hindi and/or Punjabi)
- Experience with Learning and Development an asset