Chief Human Resources Officer (CHRO)
The role of Chief Human Resources Officer is the first of its kind for EHN Canada, and this senior leader will bring a combination of senior HR leadership, technical expertise and familiarity in a related field to work as a member of the senior leadership team and develop and implement key HR programs, processes and tools as this organization continues to grow, evolve and add clinics and programs.
With a focus on talent development and management, the successful candidate will function at both a strategic and an operational level to add value to the growth agenda of the organization. While bringing best practices in human resources from a large organization, the successful candidate needs to understand the ins and outs of a start-up and be able to navigate his/her/their way in a fast-paced entrepreneurial company building out this function from scratch.
- Advisor to the CEO on strategic and operational decisions; works closely with the C-suite including the CFO and COO; develops human resources strategies and functions (including talent acquisition and onboarding, diversity, equity and inclusion, engagement and leadership, health and well-being, policy compliance, risk management, total rewards, etc.)
- Strategic and agile partner to leaders on communication and management of HR function and alignment of vision, mission and goals with HR strategy, policy and process
- Leader in advancing diversity, equity and inclusion, organization culture and values that attract, retain and motivate talented and diverse people and produce quality outcomes, change management and leadership that promotes development and engagement
- Provides strategic leadership for HR programs and services (e.g., compensation strategies, annual salary process, employee health wellbeing and safety, employee and labour relations, leave management, organizational effectiveness, performance management, recruitment and retention)
- Talent Acquisition – builds out, oversees and executes a recruitment strategy, process and tools to source and hire talent across a wide variety of disciplines at all levels
- Talent / Leadership Development Strategy – develops and implements a talent development strategy and tools to ensure all employees receive the training, coaching, development and tools they need to succeed in their roles
- Succession Planning – identifies critical roles and high potential staff and develops and maintains a comprehensive succession plan for those roles and individuals
- Compensation Strategy – develops and maintains a compensation strategy that ensures EHN Canada is positioned competitively in the marketplace for all roles and is able to attract and retain top talent; oversight of annual salary review process
- Performance Management – develops and maintains a comprehensive performance management framework (including yearly performance reviews); creation of employee development plans
- Employee Value Proposition and Culture – key stakeholder in the development of the company’s value proposition and ensuring a culture of inclusion, diversity, professionalism and value
Leadership / Relationship Building
- Oversight of direct reports at each of the facilities responsible for HR administrative functions; coaches, trains, mentors and develops the team
- Builds and retains strong working relationships cross functionally at head office as well as with staff at all levels within the EHN Canada network and externally as required
- 15+ years of human resources experience, some of which is in a disciplined and structured organization with experience around best practices in HR programs, processes and tools development and the remainder in a start up entrepreneurial environment building out the HR function from scratch
- Undergraduate degree; Masters in a related discipline an asset; demonstrated commitment to continued education and learning; maintains current knowledge in the HR field and best practices
- CHRP, CHRL or CHRE professional designation with career progression through various HR functions such as talent, recruitment, rewards, employee relations, learning and development
- Excellent facilitator and communicator with a proven ability to engage at all levels within the organization and throughout the clinics; strong relationship building skills with a consultative, mutual problem solving approach
- Experience working in an agile environment with strong analytical skills and project management skills
- Strategic thinker with excellent judgement and negotiating and influencing skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and an environment that is like a start-up that is rapidly growing and fast moving
- Ability to build trust; ensures people feel heard and acts with professionalism and integrity
- Maintains a high degree of discretion; able to maintain confidentiality and manage highly sensitive information
- Technologically proficient; early adopter of HR technology and tools including applicant tracking systems (ATS) such as Taleo, Jobvite, BambooHR and HR Information Systems (HRIS) such as Workday, BambooHR, Namely, etc.
- Business Acumen, critical evaluation, change management, communicating and diversity, equity and inclusion
- Strong working knowledge of Canadian and provincial employment related laws and regulations
If you are interested in this role and possess the qualifications, please send your resume and cover letter directly to Alice Goffredo at email@example.com or reach out to her directly to learn more.