Senior Advisor, Employee Relations
The Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA) has (1) exciting indeterminate opportunity within the Human Resources and Corporate Services branch at CATSA Headquarters.
This position represents an opportunity for career-driven individuals seeking a position within an organization that inspires growth and promotes excellence to make a difference and contribute to CATSA’s unique culture as it strives to excel in air transport security.
Senior Advisor, Employee Relations
Why is CATSA a great fit for you?
CATSA is world leader in aviation security and screening with a mandate to protect the public. A Crown corporation, it features a mix of public service and private sector diverse backgrounds in which is reflective of the varied background of its employees. CATSA encourages innovation and creativity and offers a healthy and diverse workplace where employees work in an environment where they can be their true selves and feel energized and proud.
If you are a motivated professional seeking a position within a multifunctional and collaborative environment and you are looking for the next great adventure, CATSA is the place for you!
Summary of responsibilities:
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources Programs, the Senior Advisor, Employee Relations is responsible for providing expertise and guidance to management and employees on all matters and issues relating to employee relations, occupational health and safety, policy overview and compliance and major HR Programs projects. To be successful in this role you must have a deep understanding of employee relations practices and laws, excellent communication skills and project management guidelines. The Senior Advisor, Employee Relations performs all other duties and responsibilities related to the position as required.
What you need to succeed
To qualify for the position, you must have:
- Graduation from a recognized university in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or Business Administration with a specialization in Human Resources;
- A minimum of seven (7) years of progressive experience in human resources in any of these areas which may include, employee relations, occupational health and safety and performance management
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience in occupational health and safety program oversight, training and awareness;
- Experience providing expertise, guidance and coaching to management and employees on the prevention and resolution of issues in the workplace;
- Experience as a senior HR Business Partner supporting the development and management of programs, policies and procedures in an HR environment;
- Experience managing multiple files in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in forming, leading and facilitating meetings and work groups;
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of HR Management policies, practices, theories, concepts and systems;
- Knowledge and understanding of employment laws (including the Canada Labour Code, Human Rights Act )and industry trends relating to HR.
This position is best suited to individuals with the following skills and abilities:
- Strong detail-orientation, analytical and research skills;
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing; strong presentation and group facilitation skills;
- Strong interpersonal and personal judgment skills, ability to understand client needs and influence, persuade and liaise effectively;
- Ability to multi-task and identify priorities based on strong organizational skills;
- Ability to provide creative solutions to problems or issues ranging from semi-routine to unusual and unique;
- Ability to work well in teams or independently;
- Tact, diplomacy and discretion.
Valuable skills include:
- Knowledge of formal and informal dispute resolution methodology, procedures and techniques (i.e. mediation);
- Knowledge of the collective bargaining process, and acting in an advisory capacity on employee relations issues and risks;
- Ability to conduct and report on workplace investigations;
- A Canadian Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation or equivalent;
- Ability to efficiently use a Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to extract data using existing reports; analyze the data using MS Office applications (intermediate level).
Specific work requirements
- Ability to work overtime as required;
- Ability to travel as required;
- Language Profile: Bilingual (BBCC);
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance;
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.
How to apply:
If you feel you are the ideal candidate for this position, please click on the following link to submit your application before June 23, 2021 by 11:59pm EST.
As an employer committed to a diverse workforce, we encourage candidates in designated groups - women, visible minorities, Aboriginal persons and persons with disabilities - to apply and self-identify by answering the questions on the online application form.
- Please note that candidates that meet all the position requirements, including the language profile, will be given first consideration however, we invite all interested candidates to submit their applications;
- While we appreciate all the candidates’ interest, only those being considered in the process will be contacted;
- CATSA will use this opportunity to establish a candidate pool that may be used to staff permanent or fixed-term positions with similar responsibilities and qualifications;
CATSA is dedicated to an inclusive selection process and work environment. If you require an accommodation, please advise the Human Resources representative when you are invited to meet with us regarding this employment opportunity.