Human Resources Advisor - River Rock Casino Resort
Under the general direction of the Senior Manager, Human Resources, the Advisor, Human Resources is responsible for supporting the Site’s Operational Departments with a strong focus on team member relations, leave and disability management, Work Safe British Columbia leave management, occupational health and safety related matters, labour relations, grievances, team member investigations and conducts onboarding orientations and facilitates company training. In this role, they will also support the day-to-day operations of the Human Resources team. The Advisor, Human Resources ensures adherence to the Company’s policies and procedures, motivates and leads by example and supports Great Canadian’s learning environment while establishing a safe and welcoming work environment for all team members.
- Provide guidance and support to managers on employment legislation, team member and labour relations, HR policies and other HR matters
- Assist with internal investigations and provide recommendations on issues
- Answer questions on payroll and benefits and liaise with Corporate Payroll and Total Rewards Team on behalf of team members on such matters as benefits enrollment/changes, payroll discrepancies, etc.
- Support Corporate HR initiatives including but not limited to surveys, policy and procedure revisions, implementation of new processes and procedures, program roll outs, compliance, etc.
- Support and assist with workplace health and safety initiatives and programs, including the completion of workplace risk assessments and safety inspections
- Facilitate and manage leave management files (MLOA, LTD, WorkSafe BC, ICBC, bereavement, maternity etc.), including the gradual return to work program and process
- Facilitate and deliver Corporate new hire orientation, training in a variety of topics including guest service and supervisory / management skills
- Provide HR reports as requested; coordinate, process and enter HR documentation
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of HR programs, services, and initiatives
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Qualification Requirements:
- Degree and/or diploma in Human Resources Management from a recognized post-secondary institution, or a combination of relevant education and experience.
- Minimum of 3-5 years working experience in Human Resources; specific experience in training is required
- A CPHR designation an asset
- Knowledge of employment, human rights legislations and WorkSafe BC regulations.
- Strong computer skills working with MS Office programs
- Employer Connect, Cognos and HRIS experience are considered assets
- Ability to deliver excellent guest service both internally at all levels of the organization and externally
- Possess strong organizational, presentation, time management and project management skills
- Exhibit a high level of professionalism and excellent interpersonal skills
- Listens thoroughly to issues and responds appropriately; demonstrates assertiveness when appropriate
- Experience managing disability management files and assisting with coordinating gradual return to work programs
- Experience working in a unionized environment an asset
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and within a team environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written
- Maintains and exercises a high degree of discretion and confidentiality
- The ability to successfully pass a criminal record and credit check through the Gaming Policy and Enforcement Branch.