Human Resources Advisor
Okanagan College transforms lives and communities. We are one of Canada's leading colleges. We create outstanding educational experiences for our learners, both students and employees. We work and learn in a welcoming and caring culture. We are a catalyst for change through collaboration with our learners and partners. We serve, lead and anticipate the social, economic and environmental needs of communities.
Human Resources Advisor
Under the direction of the Manager, Employee Relations, the Human Resources Advisor is a strategic business partner and is responsible for providing labour relations and human resources advice and consultation to managers, supervisors and employees in their assigned Client groups. Duties include: labour relations, employee relations, conflict management, performance management, job design, classification, talent management, and various other human resources functions. The Human Resources Advisor works closely with College leaders for their assigned Client groups to assess human resource requirements, to identify and monitor issues, as well as to ensure accurate and consistent application of relevant legislation, collective agreements, terms and conditions of employment, as well as College policies and procedures. The Human Resources Advisor works with the other members of the Human Resources team (Director, Managers, Coordinators, & Assistants) to implement best practices and strategic human resource programs, policies and initiatives, which support the College’s mission, core values and key directions.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in a related field is required. A minimum of five years of experience in a similar role. This includes providing labour relations and human resources advice and consultation to managers, supervisors and employees in the following areas:
• Labour Relations, including: Collective agreement interpretation, performance & conduct management, grievance investigation and handling, progressive discipline, conflict management and collective bargaining, etc.
• Job Evaluation & Job Design;
• Recruitment & Selection;
• Other HR services & support, including: talent management, disability management, change management, training & development. Experience in a unionized environment is required.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong labour relations knowledge including but not limited to collective agreement interpretation, grievance investigation and handling, progressive discipline, and collective bargaining.
- Extensive human resources knowledge at a professional level, including, but not limited to recruitment and selection, compensation and job evaluation, performance development, disability management, duty to accommodate, supporting change, and training and development.
- Sound knowledge of applicable employment legislation and regulations.
- Excellent research skills with ability to synthesize data/information and develop/deliver findings and recommendations.
- Must be flexible and able to manage high work volume and conflicting priorities with frequent interruptions to attend to matters of an urgent nature to meet deadlines.
- Excellent computer skills with proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite, HRIS
Exempt - Continuing Full-time
Appointment Start Date:
Annual Salary/Hourly Rate:
Range $64,860 to $95,129. Typical Hiring Range $77,832 to $86,480.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
For questions related to this position, please send an email to Ryan Savelieff, Manager, Employee Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting Opening Date:
Posting Closing Date:
Open Until Filled
To apply for this position, please go to the following website: https://www.employmentopportunities.okanagan.bc.ca and complete an on-line application.