Compensation and Benefits Analyst
At Magna, we create technology that disrupts the industry and solves big problems for consumers, our customers, and the world around us. We’re the only mobility technology company and supplier with complete expertise across the entire vehicle.
We are committed to quality and continuous improvement because our products impact millions of people every day. But we’re more than what we make. We are a group of entrepreneurial-minded people whose collective expertise gives us a competitive advantage. World Class Manufacturing is a journey and it’s our talented people who lead us on this journey.
The Compensation and Benefits Analyst will act as a subject matter expert by consulting and advising Magna Groups and Divisions on any questions and issues related to Magna’s North American Compensation and Canadian Benefits programs. This position will be responsible for performing detailed analysis of compensation and benefits programs to enhance and optimize program performance and sustainability. If you’re looking for a challenging and face paced work environment, the opportunity to participate in and support global projects and work with colleagues from all over the world, consider this opportunity.
- Work with Group and Division HR Leaders to provide analysis, guidance, recommendations and coaching on Magna’s Total Compensation Survey Program.
- Act as a subject matter expert on Magna’s Global Compensation Management Tool (PayFactors). This includes system maintenance, recommendations for enhancements, communication and training to Global users.
- Ensure Canadian compensation programs follow regulatory requirements by leading the annual Pay Equity process
- Evaluate and recommend external salary survey participation and lead the North American salary survey submission process on behalf of Magna Divisions & Groups
- Work with external survey vendors and partner with internal HR Country Leaders to coordinate the annual global salary survey submission process
- Conduct market pay analysis to support new hire and promotion recommendations
- Participates in external benchmarking activities, validating job matches and compensation ranges
- Provides analysis, cost projections and recommendations to support the development of extended health benefit plan management strategies and products.
- Support of the daily operations of the Canadian Benefits plans, including short and long term disability management
- Provide coaching and guidance to Magna’s Groups and Divisions on all benefit related inquiries
- Investigates, actions and solutions all escalated benefits issues originating from multiple levels across the organization.
- Partner with external benefits vendors and internal Magna Groups and Divisions to investigate and resolve issues
- Support ongoing training by developing training and education materials and facilitating benefits training sessions.
- Regularly reviews and updates benefits documentation to ensure information is clear, concise and up to date
- Support the annual Benefits Open Enrolment process
- Continually monitors the Canadian environment to proactively identify trends that could impact Magna’s benefit management strategies.
- Identify opportunities and recommend enhancements to ensure Magna’s Canadian benefits program is innovative, competitive and contributes to ensuring plan sustainability.
- Participate in and support Total reward projects as required
- University/College degree in Business or equivalent.
- Completion of post graduate studies in Human Resources or Compensation would be an asset.
- Minimum 3 years of applicable compensation and benefits experience
- Experience working in global organizations and/or automotive/industrial manufacturing environment would be considered an asset
- Excellent computer knowledge (MS Excel and PowerPoint)
- Excellent communication skills – both written and verbal with a strong focus on customer service
- Team player with the ability to maintain organization and multi-task amongst competing deadlines
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and confidentiality required
- Strong analytical skills and adept at analyzing data and formatting reports
- Able to handle/maintain confidential information
- Normal office position duties, with frequent use of computer
- Flexibility for travel, when necessary
- Ability to work flexible hours and overtime as required
- Accommodations for disabilities in relation to the job selection process are available upon request.
- Candidates will be required to complete a Criminal Records Check and, if deemed necessary, a Credit Check as part of the candidate selection process.