Manager, HR Systems, Law Society of Ontario
The Manager, HR Systems (“The Manager”) is responsible to lead, manage and operate all aspects of the Law Society’ s Human Resource Information Systems (HRIS), people data structure and HR reporting enabling the complete, accurate and timely processing and recording of people transactions, reliable employee information and records, and insightful reporting and analytics. The Manager, working in close collaboration with the HR, Payroll and IT teams, will evolve the HR/Payroll system and Time & Attendance system and their related operational processes into a fully integrated HRIS/HRMS operation which is compliant with applicable security, privacy and employment legislation, policy and protocols established by the Law Society.
As an essential member of the HR Management team, the Manager collaborates on the design, build and operation of an effective HR Strategy and department delivering effective HR services and an engaging employee experience.
- A university degree in business, human resources management, computer science or related field, coupled with a CHRP or CHRL designation. Equivalent knowledge and capability from suitable combination of other formal education and practical work experience may be considered.
- A minimum of 10 years’ related HRIS experience working in a dynamic, change oriented, consultative human resources environment of which at least 5 years is Canadian HRIS management experience supporting a SaaS model of HR technology including systems configuration and implementation, business process re-engineering, operations, reporting and analytics.
- Strong general business acumen.
- Passion for business operations with demonstrated ability to translate business needs into effective HR processes and solutions.
- Broad understanding of Human Resource Management and HR services.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian payroll practices and Ontario employment legislation.
- Practical experience designing and managing HR compliance, including payroll requirements and audit control.
- Resilient to shifting priorities - able to prioritize and organize time/resources to deliver consistent results and bring initiatives to successful completion.
- Strong critical thinking skills and ability to diagnose and problem solve.
- Ability to influence at all levels with superior written, verbal, presentation, relationship and stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to communicate with people that have varying levels of technical/data expertise.
- Proven ability to work effectively on a team, providing guidance and support to other team members.
- Service oriented - recognizes the importance of internal clients and external members.
- Works independently with high attention to detail and confidentiality.
Technical Skills and Knowledge
- Strong understanding of HR data & systems and their application to advance operation efficiency.
- Database analysis and documentation (ERD) and query (SQL) skills and experience.
- Proven hand-on HRIS and reporting design, build, project & change management and operation including module configuration, conversion and implementation.
- Demonstrated business process re-engineering (BPR) skills and experience to streamline, optimize and align HR process to the HRIS.
- Experience with Identity & Access Management (IAM) to support authentication of users and system, authorization of those users and systems, user provisioning, audit of identity systems, user repository management (Active Directory), and related functions.
- Strong data orientation and a demonstrated ability to translate HR data and metrics into insight.
- Strong capabilities in Microsoft Outlook, MS office suite, Visio.
- Experience using enterprise data reporting tools such as IBM Cognos or Microsoft Power BI.
- Proven ability to create complex queries to extract data for analysis and interpretation.
We offer a collegial work environment and competitive salary and benefits.
For further information, or to apply for this position, please visit the Current Opportunities page of the Law Society’s website at www.lso.ca. If you are unable to apply via this process due to the requirement for an accommodation of any kind, please contact us at email@example.com.
The Law Society of Ontario is an equal opportunity employer striving to reflect the population of Ontario. We welcome applications from persons representing the diversity of our profession and community. We appreciate all interest and will directly contact candidates under consideration.
More searches like this
- Business / Professional Services Generalist Manager 111,000 - 130,000 jobs in Toronto
- Government and Public Sector Agencies / Commissions Generalist Manager 111,000 - 130,000 jobs in Toronto
- Legal Services Generalist Manager 111,000 - 130,000 jobs in Toronto
- Not-For-Profit Generalist Manager 111,000 - 130,000 jobs in Toronto
- Regulatory Agency Generalist Manager 111,000 - 130,000 jobs in Toronto