Human Resources Manager
- Designations Required/Preferred
AON Inc. is the region’s largest privately owned employer and the most trusted name in senior’s living. We build communities and manage innovative properties for residential and senior living, business, and leisure. The AON group employs more than 750 employees and growing!
As the Human Resources Manager (HRM) you will participate in the development and implementation of Human Resources policies and strategies and provide advice and counsel to AON’s Senior Management team. Reporting to the Senior Vice President, the HRM will ensure that policies and legislation are adhered to and business strategies are achieved. The HRM works cooperatively with, and supports, the Company’s Payroll and Benefits Administration functions.
- Provide support, counsel, and administrative support to organization managers with regard to Human Resources practices ensuring compliance with collective agreements and relevant legislation
- Provide leadership, direction, and support to managers in personnel matters including performance and attendance management, investigations, disciplinary action, terminations, etc
- Assist with negotiations and administering the Collective Agreements for seven bargaining units
- Ability to develop and maintain productive working relationships with Union and Association partners/representatives
- Working with the Senior Managers the HRM will ensure annual Performance Appraisals are competently and consistently done according to policies and guidelines, and that associated compensation practices are executed appropriately.
- Participate in the development and revision of policies and procedures, addressing changes in legislation/regulations as required
- Establish and maintain processes and procedures to monitor organizational effectiveness, conducting audits and reporting results to the senior management team
- Provide direction and leadership to the Administrators with regards to occupational and non-occupational claim management ensuring legislative compliance
- Participate in the development of recruitment strategies including coordination of recruitment processes and participation in hiring processes as needed to ensure the highest calibre of candidates are selected
- Provide education, training, and leadership to line managers relating to Human Resources subjects including performance management, attendance management, WSIB and return to work plans, etc.
- College diploma or post graduate degree in Business Administration or the equivalent education and experience
- Minimum five years of progressive experience in Human Resources administration
- Experience in labour relations and unionized environments an asset
- Up to date knowledge and understanding of Human Resources and Labour Relations legislation (ESA, Ontario Human Rights Code, WSIB, etc) is required
- Strong leadership skills with an ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, and maintain discretion and confidentiality
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Microsoft (Excel, Outlook, and Word)
- Excellent communication, conflict resolution, and interpersonal skills
Why Choose AON?
We offer competitive compensation, extended health and dental benefits, Employee Assistance Program and a retirement plan. In addition, professional development opportunities and HRPA membership.
AON Inc. is the largest private employer in Peterborough and the Kawarthas. We are family-owned with a 50+ year tradition of quality and customer service. AON’s “The Gardens of Peterborough” are the premier retirement communities in the Kawarthas. Our Long-Term Care homes are highly sought after with a reputation for excellence. Additionally, AON owns and operates the Port Hope Golf and Country Club as well as a variety of commercial and residential properties. At AON Inc., we strive to create environments where staff, residents, and patrons feel valued, appreciated, and respected.
AON Inc. is committed to meeting the accessibility needs of persons with disabilities as part of our hiring process.