Reporting & Compensation Analyst - North America
Munich Re is seeking a Reporting & Compensation Analyst to join our Toronto-based Compensation & Benefits department. This individual will be part of the extended Human Resources community in both Canada and the US.
Reporting to the Assistant Vice President - Compensation and Benefits, you will contribute to the overall success of the team on a North American region basis by supporting the development and delivery of reporting, compensation programs, and policies while ensuring compliance with governing regulations, internal policies, and procedures.
This opportunity encompasses a variety of responsibilities and oversight, including but not limited to the following:
Reporting (approximately 60%):
- Support the HR forecast and budget process for each entity (North America Life & Health; Canada Property & Casualty)
- Assist in the preparation of incentive budget accruals every quarter
- Work closely across the Human Resources department to provide meaningful and insightful reporting from the HRIS and other systems to run queries and research issues; seeking opportunities to provide greater value and support for enhanced decision making
- Develop and implement analytical solutions/tools and standardized reports from multiple data sources such as monthly headcount, turnover metrics, and earnings reports
- Support the data extraction of reports from HRIS for data feeds into other systems, as required
Compensation (approximately 40%):
- Conduct market compensation surveys, analyze market data, and prepare results for distribution
- Perform ad-hoc compensation assessments (benchmarking review, grade level review) for individuals, departments or entity-wide; working closely with the HR Business Partners
- Analyze market data on a North American basis (US and Canada) to support the development and implementation of pay ranges
- Conduct analysis on existing and proposed compensation programs, support the design and implementation of new compensation programs
- Facilitate mid-year and year-end compensation cycle, including performing various data analytics and compensation recommendations
- Administer compensation programs through various internal systems
- Collaborate on compensation recommendations and offer letters
- Support the development, updates, and implementation of Compensation related policies
- Seek opportunities to improve efficiencies and ease of administration
First and foremost, you will demonstrate a natural desire to accomplish amazing work through your energy, enthusiasm, and initiative. You have a demonstrated passion for establishing best practices and embracing opportunities to collaborate and provide value to the greater Human Resources community.
In addition, we are looking for the following qualifications:
- Undergraduate University degree with 5 years experience in compensation, finance, or other highly analytical position
- Experience in survey preparation and analysis, as well as benchmarking
- Strong mathematical aptitude and analytical skills
- Detail-oriented with a commitment to quality
- Action-oriented and collaborative; continuously seeking opportunities to provide value and support to the greater HR team
- Expert in Microsoft Excel
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft 365, particularly Word and PowerPoint
- Proficient with HR database queries (experience with SuccessFactors an asset)
- Experience creating Power BI reports and dashboards (or equivalent data visualization tools) a strong asset
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation, an asset
- Insurance and/or Financial Services experience, an asset
Munich Re’s track record as one of the world’s leading reinsurance companies is based on a solid capital foundation, in-depth risk expertise and market know-how. Our data, our technology, and our teams place us in a unique position to lead the change to redefine the nature and impact of reinsurance for the future. We’re investing strategically in our world class talent, offering our employees a diverse and challenging work environment which promotes professional development, innovation, and passion – and rewards high performance.
Please note that only candidates who are selected for interview will be contacted directly.
We thank all candidates for their interest.