Senior Human Resources Business Partner (People and Culture) - TOR08072
Job Family: Human Resources
Primary Location: Toronto
Status of Employment: Permanent, Full-time
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
At CBC/Radio-Canada, we create content that informs, entertains and connects Canadians on multiple platforms. Our successes and accomplishments are driven by embodying and upholding values, which include creativity, integrity, inclusiveness and relevance.
Do you think you have the ability and drive to keep up with this exciting, ever-changing industry? Whether it be in front of the camera, on-air, online, or behind the scenes, you would be joining a team that thrives on making connections and telling stories that are important to Canadians.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, you will provide dynamic and strategic HR partnership to the critical departments of: Corporate Partners and News, Current Affairs, and Local - Quebec. You will be part of a team of passionate professionals that are dedicated to leveraging talent, while nurturing a culture of excellence, respect, engagement and inclusivity.
You will be responsible for strategies and initiatives related to cultural transformation, organizational development, talent development, workforce planning, compensation, disability management, and employee and labour relations. We are looking for someone who can work with their peers across the country. Our clients want a true Business Partner to assist them in forwarding our strategic initiatives. The hired candidate will be based in either Montreal or in Toronto. ight travel will be required in this role.You will be successful in this role when you have partnered with the business to create an engaging environment for CBC employees to do their best work.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Providing strategic HR partnership to key leadership in the areas of:
- Change management
- Performance management
- Talent management
- Employee engagement
- Conflict resolution
- Employee relations
- Total compensation.
- Ensuring highly effective union-management relations and strategically managing complex industrial relations matters to resolution.
- Providing creative solutions to manage client needs, and providing recommendations to streamline existing processes and procedures where possible.
- Leading and participating in a wide range of both HR and management/departmental projects.
- Living and promoting the values of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion.
- Sound judgment, the ability to make difficult decisions with integrity and authenticity.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience engaging with leaders and employees at every level of the organization.
- Knowledge of HR industry trends and best practices.
- Fostering a positive and productive working relationship with local and national union representatives to resolve complex employee and labour relations files.
- Ability to influence others and communicate advice and recommendations clearly and directly.
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated.
- Advocate for data-driven decision-making.
- Bilingualism (French and English) is mandatory.
Your experience and Education:
- Three to five years' human resources and/or industrial relations consulting experience as a Senior Business Partner and primary point of contact in a fast-paced, unionized environment.
- Post-secondary degree in human resources management, industrial relations or a related field.
- CHRP/CHRL designation is preferred.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
If this sounds interesting, please click on ''Apply online''. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to being a leader in reflecting our country’s diversity. That’s because we can only create and tell the stories that connect Canadians, by having a workforce that mirrors the ever-changing makeup of our country. That’s why we, as an employer, value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada’s public broadcaster. For more information, visit the Diversity and Inclusion section of our website. If you have accommodation needs at this stage of the recruitment process, please inform us as soon as possible by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
You are invited to consult and familiarize yourself with our Code of Conduct, which can be found on our corporate website. All employees must adhere to the Code as a condition of employment. We also invite you to take a look at our policy on conflicts of interest. In the event that you become an employee, it will be important to inform us, as quickly as possible, of any situation that, because of your hiring, constitutes or could appear to constitute a conflict of interest.
Wherever in the wording of the job description either gender is used, it shall be understood to include all genders.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/61144d45f8fe7ce23732b5d6/51fc022258b70066fae4a049/en