This is an opportunity for you to join an automotive manufacturer dedicated to excellence and to the environment. You will have an opportunity to help shape our future, build your skills and deepen your expertise in Total Rewards as the Bilingual Compensation and Benefits Analyst.
What you’ll be doing
Reporting to the Manager, Total Rewards, this role is primarily responsible for supporting various processes and programs within Compensation, Benefits and Pension including market research and data analysis, benefits program support and optimization as well as assisting with the development and management of other Total Rewards initiatives. In addition, this role will support other identified strategic Total Rewards initiatives and priorities, as required, and will be part of a service-focused Total Rewards team.
- Act as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to Associates/Retirees for any questions related to the benefits program
- Oversee the annual Active and retiree enrollment program (June and Dec)
- Participate in the annual renewal (Associates/Retirees) of the benefits program
- Provide recommendations for plan changes based on feedback and needs
- Maintain data accuracy in the pension and benefits platform systems
- Conduct Benefits orientation for new hires
- Work with internal contacts and service providers to resolve claims, coverage and service issues
- find solutions/provide recommendations on the leave of absence process
- Partner with HRBP’s, payroll and outside vendors in the facilitation/administration and accurate processing of all STD and LTD claims
- Escalate any issues to Manager of Total Rewards
- Act as an SME to Associates/Retirees for any questions related to the company pension program (DB/DC) and retirement savings program.
- Responsible for ensuring accurate and timely processing of all member transactions including retirement, termination, and death
- Communicate with Manulife, the payroll team to reconcile DCPP/RRSP/TFSA remittance.
- Promote, support and educate Associates, HRBPs and the HR administration team on the various organization benefits and pension program
- Complete and submit benefits and pension related surveys, audit queries and regulatory filings
- Prepare monthly Defined Benefits funding report
- Reconcile 3rd party administration data on a monthly basis ensuring all changes in Workday are reflected in 3rd party systems.
- Collect and compile annual data through the 3rd party administration system for annual pension audits.
- Support the development and execution of pension programs.
- Participate in the Job Evaluation Committee
- Evaluate Honda’s (CH, HCF, HTC, HRA) roles and recommend grade level to the business.
- Manage the external compensation and job evaluation database
- Participate and complete annual compensation survey data
- Develop merit/bonus recommendation based on the company annual budget including proposal of scenarios to management
Must have requirements to be successful in this role:
- Relevant Bachelor’s degree or College Diploma in Business Administration or Human Resources
- 5+ years of experience in Pension, Benefits & Compensation for a multi-province national company
- Certified Employee Benefit Specialist (CEBS) designation or working towards
- Certified Human Resources Professional (CHRP) designation is an asset;
- Certified Compensation Professional (CCP) designation is an asset;
- Strong financial and business acumen coupled with strong analytical, process and detail orientation;
- Experience with HR information systems, knowledge of Workday is an asset;
- Excellent interpersonal, and relationship-building skills;
- Enjoys work in a constantly evolving environment;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills in both French and English;
- Expert knowledge of Excel; Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook); experience with database reporting programs
Please submit your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Honda Canada Inc. is committed to providing accommodation in its recruitment processes to applicants with disabilities, upon request. The accommodation will take into account the applicant's accessibility needs.
If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email Human Resources at email@example.com or call (905)888-4331.