Recruitment & Sourcing Specialist
Who we are
At McDonald's, we are committed to be the best, and that starts with finding the best people. We have built a team of extraordinary people from around the world. We are problem solvers, risk takers, innovators, and leaders with vision that take our work seriously, but have fun doing it. We challenge ourselves to get smarter and sharper every day, seek personal and professional growth, and believe in rewarding and celebrating our successes.
We currently have a six-month contract opportunity for a Sourcing Recruiter in the People Resources department. This person will report directly to the National Talent Lead and partner closely with McDonald’s corporate staff and business leads to source talent for specialized functions such as Business Insights, Technology, and Digital/CRM. The selected individual must have recruiting experience in a large, corporate environment and have a passion for recruitment. You need to possess the ability to manage the recruitment process and expectations. We welcome creativity to help build ''attention grabbing'' job postings, interview strategies, and sourcing options. If you have corporate recruiting experience, are highly organized and creative with a consultative approach, then this is the opportunity for you!
- Builds business relationships with key Client Groups, candidates, and HR Business Partners.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition and Hiring Managers by presenting sourcing insights to ensure hiring success
- Identify, engage, activate and nurture top talent through traditional techniques and unconventional means
- Develop a deep understanding of our talent segments to proactively build long-term pipeline in some of the most competitive industry markets
- Recruit, source, screen, and interview candidates according to our Talent Acquisition Process.
- Research and recommend recruitment strategies for various unique or difficult-to-fill positions.
- Be a brand ambassador and partner with external agencies for hiring needs when required.
- Continue to develop third party partnerships with Universities and Colleges and develop non-traditional recruiting channels.
- Deliver a diverse and qualified candidate pool that reflects the McDonald’s values and brand
- Constantly look for and implement new ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness of personal processes
The ideal candidate will possess the following skills and qualifications:
- University degree related to human resources, a CHRP designation will be considered an asset.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience sourcing and/or recruiting top talent
- Demonstrated experience with traditional and non-traditional sourcing techniques
- Experience with advanced sourcing tools and techniques
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships with hiring managers and influence recruiting decisions cross-functionally.
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of recruiting best practices and policies.
- Bilingual (English and French) is an asset