Find a job that lets your imagination run wild!
WildBrain is made up of a team of innovators and creators who bring industry-leading kids’ content and brands to families globally. We inspire imagination, put creativity first, and believe in the power of storytelling. We are constantly connecting the powers of our global team, making WildBrain a collaborative, openminded and passionate environment to work in.
To work at WildBrain means you get to create stories that lets imaginations run wild. Join our team today to become part of the story!
WildBrain is looking for a Director, Talent Management to join our Talent (Human Resources) team! Reporting to the VP Talent Management, the successful candidate will act as a strategic business partner to their client groups supporting on all things people. If you are a relationship builder with an expertise in Canada and US employment practices, this role is for you!
What You'll Do
- Partner with client groups on their people strategy, including organizational design, and ongoing development
- Engages in effective leadership coaching and employee relations translating into high performing and efficient teams
- Work with the team to champion our Belonging @WildBrain (Inclusion & Diversity) initiatives
- Lead our performance management process, including design, improvements, planning of the process and timelines, communication and education
- Working through our Talent Acquisition process and supporting in talent attraction, selection and retention
- Proactively reviews, and maintain company safety and health programs as required
- Partner with Talent Operations team to ensure all changes are accurately recorded and transferred to payroll teams
- Identify learning and training opportunities for teams and employees
- Play a key role with the Talent team on major team and company initiatives and projects
- Conduct external research to keep current on trends and best practices
What You'll Bring
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience
- A strong organizational development background with a passion for building positive workplace cultures focusing on employee engagement
- Knowledge of both Canadian and US employment legislation
- Previous experience working in collaborating with various leadership teams
- Proven track record working with highly sensitive and confidential matters
- Excellent communication skills
- Adaptable and comfortable with change management
What We'll Bring
Working at WildBrain is more than a job — it’s the opportunity to join forces with extraordinary, insightful and imaginative people who will recognize your talents and encourage your professional growth and development in a work environment that promotes creativity and individuality. We offer competitive family-focused benefits, we invest in our people and their future with generous RRSP matching, plus bonus time-off, because you deserve it!
WildBrain provides an atmosphere free from barriers in order to promote inclusion, equity and diversity. We celebrate and welcome the diversity of all employees, stakeholders and external partners. WildBrain fosters an environment that respects people’s dignity, ideas and beliefs, thereby ensuring equity and diversity in employment. We demonstrate our commitment to this by providing a supportive work environment and a corporate culture that welcomes and encourages equal opportunities for all employees. WildBrain also accommodates people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.
We appreciate all applicants who express interest in being a part of the WildBrain team. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we receive, we may be unable to reply to all applicants. If we feel that you may be a good match for one of our current openings, you will be contacted.
At WildBrain we inspire imaginations to run wild, engaging kids and families everywhere with great content across all media. With approximately 13,000 half-hours of filmed entertainment in our library – one of the world’s most extensive – we are home to such brands as Peanuts, Teletubbies, Strawberry Shortcake, Caillou, Inspector Gadget, Johnny Test and Degrassi. At our 75,000-square-foot state-of-the-art animation studio in Vancouver, BC, we produce such fan-favourite series as The Snoopy Show, Snoopy in Space, Chip & Potato, Carmen Sandiego, Go, Dog. Go! and more. Our shows are enjoyed worldwide in more than 150 countries on over 500 streaming platforms and telecasters, and our AVOD business – WildBrain Spark – offers one of the largest networks of kids’ channels on YouTube, garnering billions of views per month from over 150 million subscribers. We also license consumer products and location-based entertainment in every major territory for our own properties as well as for our clients and content partners. Our television group owns and operates four family entertainment channels that are among the most viewed in Canada. WildBrain is headquartered in Canada with offices worldwide and trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: WILD). Please visit us at wildbrain.com